定婚之后,和对方继续相处至少半年再结婚。Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
爱要真挚热忱,莫畏因之受伤。人生唯能如此,方得不枉此生。
Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
莫笑他人白日梦,无梦之人少出息。
In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
争论时要公平讲理,但不要出口伤人。
Don't judge people by their relatives.
不要拿他人的亲戚朋友来评判对方。
Talk slowly, but think quickly.
脑子快一些好,嘴巴慢一些好。
When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know".
不想回答一个问题时,微笑着反问:“你怎么想知道?”
Remember that great love and achievements involve great risk.
记住:伟大的爱和成就一定离不开巨大的风险。
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
当你失败时,不要失去教训。
Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
尊重自己、尊重他人、为自己的行为负责。
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
不要让一次小吵架损坏了良好的关系。
Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
接电话时要微笑,对方会在你的声音里听到你的笑容。
Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
和喜欢跟你说话的人结婚,夫妻到老时,聊天很重要。
Spend some time alone.
找一些时间自己相处。
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
记住:沉默有时候是最好的回答。
Read more books and watch less TV.
少看电视,多读书。
Trust in God but lock your car.
相信上帝的存在,但锁好你的汽车。
In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
和你所爱的人争吵时就事论事,不要扯出过去。
Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
每年去一个你从没去过的地方。
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
记住:没有得到你想要的有时候是你难得的一种好运。
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
评价你的成功,要看你为了得到它而失去了什么。
Remember that your character is your destiny.
品性决定了你的命运。
If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
如果你挣了很多钱,别忘了帮助他人,这是有钱人的最大快乐。
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
过一种积极而有尊严的生活,那么在你年老重温往事时,就会再一次从中获得享受。