10 - 11 November 2007
Noon - 6pm daily
Parnell Rose Gardens, Gladstone Road, Parnell
Auckland city's favourite floral festival, the Parnell Festival of Roses, signals summer is blooming. A huge variety of events planned during the weekend promises fun for the whole family. Highlights include:
- strolling among the roses at the Parnell Rose Gardens (Sir Dove-Myer Robinson Park) and enjoying New Zealand craft stalls, art exhibitions, music and other entertainment on both days from noon to 6pm
- delighting in an abundance of tempting early Christmas shopping specials at the Parnell Road Market Day on Saturday from 8am to noon
- taking part in the official re-opening celebration of Parnell Road's upgraded Heard Park on Saturday at 11am
- a new farmers market at Parnell Community Centre (Jubilee Building, 545 Parnell Road, Saturday, 8am to noon)
- reliving the past with local historian Rendell McIntosh on a leisurely one-hour guided heritage walk around Judges Bay on Saturday at 9am or Sunday at 3pm - or checking out Grafton's heritage buildings in a guided walk on Sunday at 10am (phone 379 2095, ext 9704 to book)
- exploring the area's unique boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants on the free bus running every 20 minutes on Saturday and Sunday between noon and 6pm from Broadway to Parnell Rise and taking in the Parnell Rose Gardens
- enjoying the Auckland Embroiderers' Guild annual exhibition at Selwyn Library (Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 5pm) and Auckland Rose Society Inc's Exhibition of Roses at the Holy Trinity Cathedral (Saturday, 11am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am to 4pm)
- picnicking to the soulful sounds of the Nairobi Trio and alluring Opera Factory on Sunday from 4pm to 6pm at the rose gardens.
Parnell Community Library has a rose quiz from 5 to 10 November 2007, with literary based questions using the word rose to test your skill using the library's catalogue system.
For all enquires in relation to stalls please contact Gus Simonovic 021 2323 739 or email [email protected]
Parnell Festival of Roses 2007 is proudly produced in partnership with Parnell Mainstreet Inc.