Extinction isn't a relic of humanity's more barbaric past. It's happening now.
In 2023, scientists declared 21 species officially extinct, all in the U.S. Included on the shameful list are birds, mussels, fish, and a mammal. Destroyed habitat, pollution, climate change, exploitation, and invasive species are the culprits. Today's rate of extinction is "at least tens to hundreds of times higher" than extinctions that occurred over the past 10 million years, the UN has found.
Yet biologists and conservationists are fighting to spare the many endangered species that aren't confirmed extinct, a cause that has saved a diversity of animals and plants in recent decades: the bald eagle, humpback whale, American alligator, whooping crane, and beyond.
"Until it's too late, it's not too late," Sea McKeon, a biologist and director of the Marine Program at the American Bird Conservancy, told Mashable.
In 2023, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service declared that it was too late for the following species (they had earlier proposed removing these species from the inventory), but underscored its focus to save the many other vulnerable, still-breathing species. "The ultimate goal is to recover these species, so they no longer need the [Endangered Species] Act’s protection," Fish and Wildlife Service director Martha Williams said in a statement.
The birds that went extinct
- Bachman’s warbler (once found in Florida, South Carolina)
- Bridled white-eye (Guam)
- Kauai akialoa (Hawaii)
- Kauai nukupuu (Hawaii)
- Kauaʻi ʻōʻō (Hawaii)
- Large Kauai thrush (Hawaii)
- Maui 'ākepa (Hawaii)
- Maui nukupuʻu (Hawaii)
- Molokai creeper (Hawaii)
- Po'ouli (Hawaii)
Island species are particularly vulnerable to extinction, as they often exist nowhere else. The native birds in Hawaii, which might inhabit just one island or a particular island area, have been decimated by climate change, disease, and invasive predators.
"There simply is no more time on the clock."
To quell bird extinction on the most remote (by distance) islands in the world, the state of Hawaii is collaborating with the Fish and Wildlife Service and conservationists to vastly reduce the population of invasive mosquitoes that infect birds with avian malaria. Different types of pest management are being considered.
"These mosquitoes coupled with climate change are an existential threat to Hawaiian birds," McKeon explained. "This is a big move that conservationists are trying to make. We need all hands on deck."
"There simply is no more time on the clock," he added.
Many land and water species from the U.S. Southeast also appear on the 2023 list, including the vivid Bachman’s warbler, a songbird placed on the endangered species list in 1967. Clear-cut logging eliminated this animal's swampy habitat, and led to the population's demise.
"These are some of the most famous songbirds in the world," McKeon said, speaking of both the Bachman's warbler and related warbler species. "We lost [them] due to a lack of protection for these habitats."
The mussels that went extinct
- Flat pigtoe (Alabama, Mississippi)
- Southern acornshell (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee)
- Stirrupshell (Alabama, Mississippi)
- Upland combshell (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee)
- Green-blossom pearly mussel (Tennessee, Virginia)
- Tubercled-blossom pearly mussel (Alabama, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia)
- Turgid-blossom pearly mussel (Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee)
- Yellow-blossom pearly mussel (Alabama, Tennessee)
Mussels, filter-feeding animals that live protected inside shells, are vital parts of freshwater ecosystems. They filter out harmful toxins (certain algae and bacteria) and provide food and habitat for a multitude of species.
"This is an evolutionary winner, and we're losing them quickly."
Mussels have also evolved impressive adaptations to thrive. "Freshwater mussels are really amazing," McKeon said. When born, they are just floating plankton, so the species has developed remarkable ways to adhere to animals like fish to keep upstream and avoid haplessly floating away from their ecosystem.
"It's amazing," McKeon marveled. "This is an evolutionary winner, and we're losing them quickly."
The fish that went extinct
- San Marcos gambusia (Texas)
- Scioto madtom (Ohio)
The mammal that went extinct
- Little Mariana fruit bat (Guam)
What you can do to help stop extinction
Today, over 1,480 endangered or threatened species remain on the Fish and Wildlife Service's list. But we're not helpless. You can make a difference, too.
- Help endangered species where you live: Conservationists suggest putting pressure on cities or local governments to protect dwindling species. For example, there are mussels on the brink of extinction in Big Darby Creek outside of Columbus, Ohio. But the local government wants to increase wastewater runoff into the creek. "The fate of the mussels is in the hands of these city planners," Tierra Curry, a conservation biologist at the Center for Biological Diversity, an organization that works to protect endangered species, told Mashable in 2021. "It's extinction playing out in real time."
- Have a cat? Keep it indoors: Domestic cats slaughter birds. "We could save a huge number of birds," the bird biologist Nico Arcilla told Mashable in 2019. Arcilla noted that cats are either the number one or number two killer of birds in North America. "Just one person keeping their cat indoors can save hundreds, maybe thousands, of birds. That’s a no-brainer."
- Have a yard? Plant native plants: Lawns are ecological disasters. But native vegetation is habitat for diverse life.
- Pay close attention to your consumer decisions: "Your voice is loudest when heard through your dollar," McKeon said. "Make informed decisions."
"Your voice is loudest when heard through your dollar."
This could mean making sure the products you buy come from recycled sources, like post-consumer sourced toilet paper or plastics. Plastics, for example, are consumed by marine animals and can be fatal to these wild creatures.
"Anything you can do to reduce plastics going into the ocean is a good move," McKeon emphasized.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:30 am
Most people have at least one horror story about online dating. It's basically a rite of passage — one that single people love to hate.
But the horror stories look a little different for members of the LGBTQ+ community. On top of the classic awkward Hinge date anecdotes, one-night-stand shoe thefts, and screenshots of a corny bio seeping with secondhand embarrassment, gay singles deal with all sorts of alienating interactions.
Baseless questioning of sexual history, harassment, and fetishization — some of it coming from cis straight people who shouldn't have popped up in your feed in the first place — don't exactly give off the butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling.
Still, dating apps have become crucial means of introduction for gay folks looking to settle down. A 2019 Stanford study and 2020 Pew Research survey found that meeting online has become the most popular way for U.S. couples to connect. This rings especially true for gay couples, of which 28 percent met their current partner online (versus 11 percent of straight couples).
But the Pew survey also dredged up those ugly experiences with harassment. This could be where specific gay dating apps (like HER and Grindr, for instance) come to the rescue. Their perfectly-tailored environments are so well-known in the gay community that they're essentially in a league of their own.
Is Grindr the only option for gay dating apps?
Though Grindr and HER are big players, they're not alone in the queer dating app market. Apps like Zoe, Taimi, and Scruff exist. But their plateauing popularity can be attributed to similar complaints: Too many scam profiles and too few legitimate users. Chappy was another promising app for gay men that shut down just as it was gaining serious traction.
At the end of the day, sometimes going for a popular dating app can be your best bet for a gay dating app — since that's where queer users actually tend to mingle in the biggest numbers. Keeping Tinder on the back burner isn't just a straight people thing (especially for those who live in less-populated areas where Grindr and HER offer slim pickings). Plus, some mainstream apps do deserve credit for the steps they've taken to create a more inclusive atmosphere. Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge now offer lots of sexual orientation and gender identity options. OkCupid gets kudos for enforcing that change years ago, as well as making social justice a core part of compatibility scoring — which kind of self-curates the type of people one encounters on the app.
How to choose the best gay dating app:
If you're part of the LGBTQ+ community and are looking for love online, you'll find you actually have some pretty decent options these days. About time, right?
Depending on if you're looking for something serious, a hookup, something that stays strictly online, or an altogether different definition of connection, there's an ideal queer dating app out there for you. We're here to help you parse through the offerings and pick the very best, based on your intentions.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:01 am
Scientists have made giant leaps in honing techniques for finding worlds outside of Earth's solar system, detecting new ones on the order of hundreds every year.
The number of confirmed exoplanets — planets orbiting stars other than the sun — has risen to 5,539, with 10,000 more candidates under review. Most of these are in the Milky Way, though scientists think they discovered the first planet within another galaxy two years ago.
Statistically speaking, the growing tally only scratches the surface of planets believed to be in space. With hundreds of billions of galaxies, the universe likely teems with many trillions of stars. And if most stars have one or more planets around them, that's an unfathomable number of worlds.
What scientists are learning is that alien worlds are like snowflakes, each with its own distinct characteristics. There are water worlds, rogue planets, planets with multiple sunsets, volcanic worlds, and planets with weird clouds.
With the new James Webb Space Telescope, getting to know these worlds should become profoundly easier. The leading infrared space observatory will spend about a quarter of its time studying exoplanets. Knowing what's in another planet's atmosphere can tell scientists a lot about a world, including whether it could be hospitable to life.
A world straight out of Star Wars
Back in the 1970s when Star Wars debuted, scientists weren't sure if a world like Luke Skywalker's Tatooine — a planet orbiting two stars with majestic twin sunsets — even existed.
Not only are these worlds real, astronomers don't have to look in a galaxy far, far away to find them.
The discovery, published in Nature Astronomy in June, is called BEBOP-1C, short for Binaries Escorted By Orbiting Planets. It is one of only a dozen circumbinary star systems known to host planets so far.
The planet, thought to be a gas giant like Uranus or Saturn, was found accidentally, 1,300 light-years away in the constellation Pictor. Its year lasts 215 Earth days, and it weighs 65 times more than our planet, according to the study.
Despite its imposing mass, BEBOP-1C is still roughly 20 percent the weight of Jupiter. Its two stars orbit each other every 15 days, according to NASA. One is about 10 percent more massive than the sun; the other is cooler, dimmer, and only one-third the sun's mass.
The exoplanet with a controversy
Astronomers led by the University of Cambridge used the Webb telescope this year to study the atmosphere of an intriguing exoplanet and found a slight, but potentially exciting, new chemical signal.
The detection was for dimethyl sulfide, a molecule produced by phytoplankton — or microalgae — in Earth's waters. Because there is no other known way for the substance to be produced on our planet, some scientists suggest it could be an indicator of life if it is found in other worlds, said Nikku Madhusudhan, one of the researchers. Future studies will attempt to validate this tenuous detection.
But the new findings for exoplanet K2-18 b stirred controversy, with skeptics criticizing the weakness of that signal and other claims from the research, such as the belief that the planet is a water world with a hydrogen-rich atmosphere. The planet lies about 120 light-years away from Earth toward the constellation Leo.
Scientists discovered atmospheric water around K2-18 b with Hubble, Spitzer, and Kepler space telescope observations in 2019. The new Webb observations revealed evidence of other life-indicating molecules, such as methane and carbon dioxide. Those chemicals, coupled with the absence of ammonia, are consistent with predictions for an ocean under a temperate hydrogen-rich atmosphere on K2-18 b, the authors of the new study say.
The world with glittering clouds of quartz crystal
Scientists discovered a gigantic, puffy world, where high-flying clouds are peppered with quartz crystals, a first-of-its-kind detection in an exoplanet's atmosphere.
Researchers, including several from NASA, used the Webb telescope to study the planet WASP-17 b about 1,300 light-years away. While using the transmission spectroscopy method, they learned the exoplanet's clouds contain pointy hexagonal prisms like those found in geodes on Earth — the primary difference being that each is likely only about 10 nanometers wide. That's about one-millionth of one centimeter.
"We knew from Hubble [Space Telescope] observations that there must be aerosols — tiny particles making up clouds or haze — in WASP-17 b’s atmosphere, but we didn’t expect them to be made of quartz," said David Grant, a researcher at the University of Bristol, in a statement. The team's study was published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters in October.
Unlike mineral particles found in Earth's clouds, the quartz detected in the clouds of WASP-17 b don't come from a rocky surface — they come from the atmosphere itself. That's possible because WASP-17 b is 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit, and the pressure where they form high in the sky is only about one-thousandth of the level experienced on Earth’s surface. In these conditions, solid crystals can form directly from gas, without going through a liquid phase first, Grant said.
Mirror exoplanet, the shiniest of them all (so far)
Astronomers have found a Neptune-sized world covered in metallic clouds, making it the largest known mirror in the galaxy so far.
The exoplanet LTT9779 b's clouds, mostly made of the same stuff as sand and glass and other metals like titanium, are highly reflective. New detailed measurements by the European Space Agency's Cheops satellite indicate this planet reflects 80 percent of the light from its host star. By comparison, Earth only reflects about 30 percent of sunlight.
Most planets have a low "albedo," referring to the amount of light they reflect, either because they have an atmosphere that absorbs a lot of light or their surfaces are dark or rough.
"Imagine a burning world, close to its star, with heavy clouds of metals floating aloft, raining down titanium droplets," said James Jenkins, astronomer at Diego Portales University and CATA in Chile, in a statement. He co-authored a paper on the new research that appeared in the journal Astronomy & Astrophysics in October.
Its shininess isn't the only strange thing going on. The exoplanet is also the only known world of its size and mass orbiting so close to its star. A year on LTT9779 b is just 19 hours, according to ESA. This means it lives in what’s known as the "hot Neptune desert," scientists say.
This TRAPPIST planet couldn't hack it
When astronomers conducted a Webb study of TRAPPIST-1B this year, they found its size was likely the closest thing in common with Earth.
The rocky exoplanet about 41 light-years away doesn't appear to have an atmosphere and is a toasty 450 degrees Fahrenheit, according to a paper published in the journal Nature. So, just the right temperature for a dystopian book-burning future, anyone?
Scientists have eagerly awaited an opportunity to study the TRAPPIST-1 solar system, a family of seven Earth-sized planets orbiting a red dwarf, a tiny but violent type of star commonly found in the Milky Way. They've speculated that one or two of the TRAPPIST worlds, discovered six years ago, could be habitable.
Though TRAPPIST-1B isn't likely to support life, researchers are just getting started on their studies of this intriguing star system. They are looking forward to learning about some of the other planets, particularly its neighbor TRAPPIST-1E, the fourth from the star. It is thought to be the right distance to allow liquid water to form into lakes and oceans on the planet's surface.
An Earth twin that hints at an atmosphere
Astronomers are taking a closer look at another rocky exoplanet, GJ 486 B, relatively close to our solar system at just 26 light-years away in the constellation Virgo. Discovered two years ago, it's about 30 percent larger than Earth, orbiting a red dwarf every 1.5 days.
Despite being so close to its host star and having a scorching temperature of about 800 degrees Fahrenheit, the planet shows signs of having water vapor — a hint that the alien world may have an atmosphere swaddling the planet. And atmospheres are critical for shielding a planet from ultraviolet solar radiation, maintaining habitable temperatures, and creating the pressure needed for liquid water.
But could it be a mirage?
Another possible explanation for the vapor detected by Webb is that water is coming from the outer layer of the nearby star, cooler than the sun, and not from the planet at all. Scientists will need more observations to determine if the exoplanet indeed has an atmosphere and how much water is present. Without an atmosphere, life — at least the type able to flourish on Earth — wouldn't exist.
Water vapor has been discovered on gassy exoplanets before, but never for a rocky or terrestrial planet akin to Earth, Mars, Mercury, and Venus.
A lava world half hidden in dark shadow
An intriguing world sits just on the cusp of the so-called Goldilocks zone, the region around a host star where it is not too hot and not too cold for liquid water to exist on the surface of planets.
That's, in part, why scientists are interested in LP 791-18 D, a temperate world about the size of Earth orbiting a small red dwarf star 90 light-years away in the southern constellation Crater.
But if it sounds like paradise, consider that the exoplanet is packed with volcanoes, with half the planet in perpetual daylight while the other half sits in constant darkness. These extreme conditions may combine to provide the necessary ingredients for the planet to have an atmosphere. Many planetary scientists believe volcanic activity is key for a life-sustaining world because the release of gasses during an eruption contributes to the atmosphere and can help a planet maintain moderate temperatures.
Astronomers want to get observation time on the Webb telescope to conduct an atmospheric study of the exoplanet. Discoveries of water and methane, for example — important ingredients for life as we know it — could be signs of potential habitability or biological activity.
A planet with terrifying sand clouds
The clouds over a newly discovered world 40 light-years from Earth swirl with sizzling, gritty flecks of sand.
On VHS 1256 B, it's a perpetual, blistering sandstorm. Up in the clouds, temperatures reach a scorching 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. And when the clouds get too heavy, rainstorms likely pelt the planet with the sandy mixture, astronomers say.
Though the exoplanet's days are only two hours shorter than ours, it takes 10,000 Earth-years to make a complete trip around its two stars. That's right: BEBOP-1C (See the first exoplanet in this story) wasn't the only world spied this year in a binary system. But given how far away the world is from its stars — about four times farther than Pluto is from the sun — the light sources would be pretty dim.
Just another recent example of how otherworldly clouds can be totally different from the pillowy water vapor clouds of Earth.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
Gifting can be a huge gamble, but it's hard to go wrong with a good phone accessory. From gamers to globetrotters, iPhone owners everywhere spend dozens of hours a week on their devices. Meet them where they're at with gifts that run the gamut from pretty to practical.
For Apple nerds: a teeny-tiny Apple Macintosh phone charger
This adorable little PC is a scaled-to-size replica of the Macintosh monitor that started it all. It comes with a 35W USB-C output to charge the modern tech the Macintosh helped to create: the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and even Galaxy and Google Pixel phones. For added nostalgia, the charger comes with mini screen-sized stickers for customizing its retro look.
For fashionistas: a fun phone strap
Crossbody straps for cellphones are slowly becoming one of the most functional and fashionable tech accessories on the market, with options for every budget. Casetify's adjustable silver chain comes with a matching heart charm for added sweetness, while Urban Outfitters' puffer strap is the perfect winter accessory and Bandolier's genuine leather phone cases are a certifiably chic splurge.
For social media mavens: TikTok-viral must-haves
A clip-on selfie light is not only Alix Earle-approved, it's a must-have for looking your best in photos or on video calls. Pair it with the AirStik, a reusable wall cradle for your phone, for hands-free filming and photos.
For friends with flair: bedazzled accents
Add a little glam to the day with accents that shine. Velvet Caviar's detachable camera lenses add subtle shimmer to the back of an iPhone, while a wall charger looks good hanging out by a bed or desk.
For friends who sing in the shower: A waterproof case and speaker
Designed with texting in mind (so you can safely check messages between rinses), this waterproof case comes in a variety of colors and will float if dropped in water. And while a phone's built-in speakers a perfectly fine way to listen to the latest tunes, the JBL Go is a small but mighty upgrade that adds lush dimension to music, even as it bounces off tiles walls.
For those on the go: gloves you can type with
Moshi Store's light knit gloves are a simple solution for pulling up directions or typing a timely text on a cold day. For more intense weather, consider Vessi's fleece-lined, waterproof gloves in a range of shades.
For friends who forget their glasses: handy readers
These ThinOptics specs claim to be "the world’s thinnest armless readers." Their sleek case sticks to the back of a phone, so the glasses are available at a moment's notice. Available in magnifications of 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5, they're perfect for aging eyes or for friends who always forget their glasses.
For the class clown: a gift that will make them giggle
To repay the folks that make you laugh, consider a good old gag gift. A little umbrella is meant to make your screen easier to see in the sun, while the perfectly functional banana phone is sure to elicit some double-takes.
For travelers: a 3-in-1 travel charger
This nifty charger works with MagSafe-compatible iPhones, AirPods Pro, and the Apple Watch, charging up to three devices at once using a single streamlined wire. It comes in a rainbow array of color options, folds flat for charging, and then stacks right back up for easy storage.
For gamers: a mobile set up
These lightweight attachments transform an iPhone into a mobile gaming controller, adding an extra thrill to boring commutes or lazy Sundays. They come in a variety of colors and themes, from purple to Pokémon.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
Remember when there were three TV movies about Amy Fisher, all airing within a week of each other on major networks in 1993? It was one hell of a time to be alive, what with the tabloid papers, "investigative" series like Hard Copy, and deliciously cheesy televised dramas, all reveling in the notorious misfortune of others, from Monica Lewinsky to the Menendez brothers. And amid this craze for the unsavory situations of complete strangers came the made-for-TV movie All-American Girl: The Mary Kay Letourneau Story.
In 1997, Letourneau pled guilty to two counts of second-degree child rape; the schoolteacher was awaiting sentencing when she gave birth to her first (but not last) child with her former sixth-grade student Vili Fualaau. She broke the no-contact part of her plea deal and was sent back to jail in 1998, where she gave birth to a second child with Fualaau. She was released in 2004, and less than a year after her no-contact order was lifted, Letourneau and Fualaau got married. Although legally separated at the time, Fualaau was at Letourneau's side when she died from cancer in 2020.
The inevitable TV movie made its way to the USA Network in the year 2000, directed by Lloyd Kramer. (Kramer, it must be noted, went on to direct the 2012 biopic Liz & Dick, which features Lindsay Lohan doing one of the laziest impersonations of Elizabeth Taylor ever captured.) Starring actress Penelope Ann Miller in the lead role, All-American Girl: The Mary Kay Letourneau Story is one of the seediest of the ripped-from-the-headlines TV movies America ever latched eyes on.
And with Todd Haynes's similarly themed Oscar contender May December now on Netflix, All- American Girl is worth a look-see, as it's exactly the sort of camp that Haynes contends his film is not. All-American Girl, an artifact from the ass-end of another age, is the real deal: pure, id-fueled excess.
All-American Girl is the Mary Kay Letourneau story amped up to eleven.
All-American Girl is tawdry basic cable at its most basic: overlit cinematography, a sultry Skinemax soundtrack, Lifetime-esque emotional histrionics. A modern-day retelling of this story centered on the statutory rape of a 13-year-old boy would hopefully exercise some restraint, but All-American Girl stomps blissfully into sleaze without a second thought.
Playing up the "Will they or won't they?" angle, the film relishes teasing out its "forbidden romance," ogling in icky detail every brush of skin with breathless anticipation. Indeed, by hiring an attractive 18-year-old actor (Omar Anguiano) to play the 13-year-old Fualaau, the movie dives headfirst into the exact swamp that Haynes would mercilessly satirize two decades later with May December. One of the funniest and darkest meta moments in Haynes's movie focuses on the predicament of casting this particular role in the movie-within-the-movie — specifically, when headshots of 13-year-old actors are rejected by a blasé actress (played by Natalie Portman) because they're not "sexy" enough to play the abused boy.
The most shocking element of All-American Girl is just how far it goes out of its way to take Letourneau's side. The film is told from her perspective as she recounts the tale to a court-ordered psychologist (played by a deeply overqualified Mercedes Ruehl), and it never takes a moment to second-guess her version of events. The depiction of Fualaau not only makes him visibly older, but it also paints him as the predator. It's like a weirdly unnerving gender-swapped take on another notorious '90s figure, 17-year-old Amy Fisher, dubbed the "Long Island Lolita" by the media (who somehow missed en masse that Nabokov's teen was not the villain of his novel).
Early on, Letourneau is depicted as a caring Christian mother, tucking her children into bed while singing "Jesus Loves You" to them. Meanwhile, across town, Fualaau is setting fire to an abandoned shack and then lying to the police about what happened. A later scene depicts Letourneau as unwitting prey when we see the 13-year-old — and his sneering gang of no-goodnik buds — pull up in a convertible front of Letourneau's house, where he makes a giddy bet with them, declaring, "I'm gonna get that teacher."
And yet, in the utterly shameless way of '90s tabloid sensationalism and for all of its awfulness, All-American Girl is a hilarious watch if you can allow yourself to vibe on the Velveeta it's serving. Since these characters never feel genuine for a moment, it's easy to disassociate yourself from the real tragedy that set it off. The storytelling structure, with Ruehl's psychiatrist enthusiastically pushing Letourneau to recount every sordid detail inside a moodily lit interrogation room, is straight out of an episode of Red Shoe Diaries — if Red Shoe Diaries had a very special hebephilia episode, that is. The script by Julie Hébert and the acting is, well, let's be kind and say it's overwrought. If you can't find the humor in a badly lit scene of a furiously horny teenager screaming, "Recess is over!" at his bewildered teacher, then you're probably not looking.
This scene is also a good litmus test as to whether or not you'll find the humor in May December, which is built to be a wickedly funny and brutal rebuttal to everything that All-American Girl and its ilk stood for.
May December turns tabloid sleaze inside out.
May December has changed enough of the specifics from the Letourneau story so it's not a strict retelling. This includes the names of the characters — Gracie (Julianne Moore) and Joe (Charles Melton) are our proxies here — as well as the initial context of their relationship (they met working in a pet store where she was his boss). But the team behind the film, including screenwriter Samy Burch, have been pretty forthcoming about where their inspiration came from.
May December isn't interested in retreading the scandal, but instead focuses on an ambitious actress named Elizabeth (Natalie Portman), who dreams of making an All-American Girl of her own. She comes to Savannah to shadow Gracie before playing her in a movie that Elizabeth promises will be a more truthful and honest depiction of the affair. Haynes means to have his pineapple upside-down cake and eat it too, here. Not only is he satirizing the true-crime craze of the '90s but also the glossier, ostensibly more highbrow offerings from the past decade, like American Crime Story, Candy, and Love and Death.
Haynes does this by having each of his female leads represent the "then" and the "now" of it — even the film's title refers to this bifurcation of time. Gracie is the '90s edition, selling her baby and wedding photos to tabloid television, all while shamelessly leaving a trail of destruction in her wake (including her first marriage and children). Like the tabloids that exploited their story and forgot it the second there was some other humiliation in their crosshairs, Gracie's sociopathy is its own blank slate. Meanwhile, Elizabeth sweeps into town pretending to be above it all, but ultimately proves herself to be just as destructive and thoughtless by the film's end. All in the pursuit of a juicy role, a good "story" – a word that, when applied to his situation, sends Melton's Joe into a tailspin.
Todd Haynes searches for honesty amid artifice.
While these femme fatales face off in a darkly comic melodrama, Joe emerges as May December's beating and broken heart. Gracie and Elizabeth are off being obsessed with getting superficial appearances right (hair, make-up, lisp), while Joe is finally starting to see his tortured reality for what it is. When mid-argument he asks Gracie, "Why can't we talk about it — if we're really as in love as we say we are?" he cuts straight to their relationship's bitter truth: how they've been forced to play-act perfection in order to make up for the original sin at the heart of it.
With this devastating emotional throughline slicing down May December's center, Haynes might be right in arguing that his film isn't camp. But that doesn't mean it doesn't use the language of camp to deconstruct genuine objects of it. May December borrows technical cues from those tabloid retellings of the past – grainy, over-lit cinematography; a hyper-melodramatic score – and lays them time and again over the extremely banal. Family supper, baking a cake, and (in the movie's most viral moment) checking the refrigerator for hot dogs. And it's there, in the discord of ordinary life getting such soaring fabulism dolloped on top, that Haynes excavates his meaning.
Since camp exists in the chasm between intent and end product, May December argues that only objects as clueless as All-American Girl or today's faux-prestige vehicles can truly be considered as such. And by making the disconnect between the banality of reality and the ways we reshape that to seem so overblown, Haynes puts our most base car-crash inclinations into stark, direct contrast against the existence of those folks who've gotten run over along the way.
In its end, May December circles around right back to All-American Girl.
After all of Elizabeth's efforts, the movie she's making is not some grand cinema about a morally gray character. Instead, May December's final scene looks ripped straight out of All-American Girl.
We are drop-jawed witnesses to take after take of a reenactment of Elizabeth-as-Gracie's pet-store seduction of Joe. The teen actor cast opposite Elizabeth is clearly older and attractive; the lisp that Gracie already manipulates like a weapon has become, in Elizabeth's amateurish hands, even more exaggerated. And to top it off, Elizabeth-as-Gracie is doing the seducing while stroking a giant snake.
If this is what happens to a "true story" in Hollywood's hands, we're right to laugh at it, while the Joes of the world are right to want off the wheel altogether. The only person who ends the film with something like real growth is Joe, who's last seen alone, watching his own teenagers graduate from a distance, having an emotional breakdown that seems to signal a profound (and pointedly unspoken) epiphany of some sort.
Our destructive cycles of voyeurism, embodied by Gracie and Elizabeth's momentary diva showdown on the school's football field that immediately follows, can't reach him there. He seems to have uncovered an escape, something all his own, while their melodramatic merry-go-round spins off without him. Through Joe's eyes, we can see the game for exactly what it is — prestige or trash, it's got no room for truth.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
TL;DR: As of December 9, get a lifetime subscription to Babbel (all languages) for only $149.97 — that's a 74% discount.
As far as gifts go, the gift that truly keeps on giving is that of personal growth. If someone on your list is interested in learning new languages for work or travel, this lifetime Babbel subscription is a great way to support their efforts no matter the reason. And only through December 17, you can get lifetime access to all 14 of Babbel's languages for just $149.97 (reg. $599).
Learning a new language has a ton of benefits, which include elevating your communication skills and, in turn, enhancing your experiences, whether for business or pleasure. In fact, according to Cambridge University Press & Assessment, learning an additional language can change your brain for the better.
Babbel offers high-quality language learning with more than 10,000 hours of material at its users' disposal. It was designed with the help of 100 linguists to bring an easier way to learn a new language. Babbel utilizes short lessons that run between ten and 15 minutes, so you can easily fit your lessons into your busy life. This means learning Spanish, French, or Chinese during your workweek commute or on your lunch break is easy.
With lessons that teach you about valuable topics such as shopping, business, and family, users can immediately implement their knowledge in real-world settings. And since Babbel uses speech-recognition technology to ensure proper pronunciation and personalized lesson reviews, the dream of learning to speak multiple languages can become a reality much sooner than you think.
Don't miss this limited-time price drop on a leading name in language learning ahead of the holidays.
Get a lifetime subscription to Babbel's 14 languages for just $149.97 (reg. $599) when you order by December 17 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Prices subject to change.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
TL;DR: As of December 9, get the FARA Classic Compact Electric Space Heater for only $73.97 — a 25% savings.
Picking out the perfect gift can be stressful. However, it doesn't get much better than when you find something you know that loved one will really enjoy. If someone on your list is usually chilly even indoors, this might be the winning gift that also gives the giver profound joy. It's on sale for just $73.97 (reg. $99) through December 17, but is guaranteed to arrive by Christmas if you order by December 14.
With an aesthetically pleasing look, it's compact to fit easily in smaller offices or bedrooms. It has a 1200W capacity to warm up rooms up to 215 square feet of space. And if you want a more steady, lower-energy-using heating experience, the 800W low-power mode offers steady heat for more extended periods of time, such as an entire workday.
And if you are concerned about safety, this minimalist beauty features tip-over protection, which means the heater will turn off in the event it's knocked over by a pet or human. It was also made with flame-resistant materials and has overheat protection as well.
It's compact and easy to move around the home (or travel with) due to the integrated hidden handle. And the ceramic heating element means it's made to be a quieter and faster heater than your typical one on the market.
Get the FARA Classic Compact Electric Space Heater for that family member who's always cold for just $73.97 (reg. $99) through December 17 at 11:59 p.m. PT — and on-time holiday delivery when ordered by December 14.
Prices subject to change.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
TL;DR: As of December 9, get this Gamma Graphene-Infused Heated Jacket + Heated Power Bank Bundle for $179.97 — that's 68% off.
A lot of the time, when the temps drop, people begin staying indoors more often. But fresh air, vitamin D from the sun, and spending time in nature should be enjoyed year-round. Don't let the cold stop you any longer. This heated jacket comes with a power bank to warm it up (and a pocket for the power bank). It's on sale for just $179.97 (reg. $575) through December 17.
This jacket is really something special. With a smart thermoregulating design, connect the power bank and turn on the heating aspect of the jacket via the power button inside. From there, you have your choice of three heat settings. The power bank also has warming capabilities, so you can use it to warm your hands if needed. And because it's made with graphene, your heat is evenly distributed, it can have a cooling effect in the warmer months, and it's breathable.
The Gamma is also foldable for easy travel and packed with pockets that are strategically placed for convenience, like the arm pocket (handy for your passport) and a hidden sleeve pocket. And you won't have to worry about your stuff getting wet because the Gamma is 100% waterproof (even the zippers) and wind-resistant to get you through the tougher weather.
Lightweight with a sleek modern design, it's a jacket for those of us who want to experience life no matter the season.
Get the Gamma Graphene-infused heated jacket and power bank on sale for just $179.97 (reg. $575) when you order by December 17 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Prices subject to change.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
TL;DR: As of December 9, get the Mymanu CLIK S Translation Earbuds for only $89.97 — a 42% discount.
Communication is such an important part of life. Whether in your work or personal life, clear lines of communication often make for less stress. And since we are all in the holiday state of mind, here's an offer on a fun product that can help someone on your list experience optimal communication when traveling or engaging with those who speak a different language.
A 2019 CES Innovation Awards Honoree, the Mymanu CLIK S Translation Earbuds work with their exclusive app, MyJuno, to enable speech-to-text and text-to-speech translations in 37 languages. That means if you're on a trip to Spain, you can ask someone questions easily using CLIK S. Looking for a museum and need a little help along the way? These earbuds can help save you time and frustration while exploring the world. However, you will need access to WiFi or data to use them.
One of the best features is that you take advantage of the translation benefit whether you are speaking to someone in person or meeting virtually from the other side of the world. They are compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
If you think the CLIK S means adding another accessory to your arsenal, think again. They also work as regular earbuds that allow you to listen to music, audiobooks, or podcasts in clear HD when you don't need them for translation, like while on a flight.
The charging case gives it convenient charging power to get you through even the longest travel or work day. And the various sizes of comfort tips that you get will help you or your giftee enjoy CLIK S in comfort.
Don't miss the chance to get the Mymanu CLIK S translation earbuds on sale for just $89.97 (reg. $157) until December 17 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Prices subject to change.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
TL;DR: As of December 9, get the AWA Carbonator, Bottle, and 2 CO2 Tanks Starter Bundle for just $119.99 — you'll save 42%.
Drinking your eight glasses of water every day can get boring. And while soda can be fun and bubbly, it's not the healthiest choice on a regular basis. An interesting way to shake up your daily H2O consumption is by using this AWA Carbonator, Bottle, and 2 CO2 Tanks Starter Bundle to make bubbly soda water to drink whenever you want.
Since it's the holiday season, the AWA Carbonator Bundle could make a surprising Christmas present for someone on your gift list. It comes with the cordless carbonator machine, which features a sleek Scandinavian-created design made to take up minimal room on your countertop.
This bundle also comes with a reusable and BPA-free, dishwasher-safe one-liter bottle to dispense your carbonated water. And it includes two CO2 tanks to get you through about 30 to 60 days without needing a new one. And when it's time to switch the used one out, simply place it in the included labeled box and get a new one sent to you for $21 each.
And just because it's a healthier option doesn't mean it's going to be boring. Add fresh fruit like lemons and lime or a berry mixture to your carbonated creations for a natural flavoring. Simply press a button and transform plain still water into an effervescent alternative that you, your family, and your guests can enjoy for years.
A more sustainable way to enjoy carbonated water, this bundle will easily get you started on the road to homemade hydration with a twist.
Get the Starter Bundle featuring the AWA Carbonator, bottle, and two CO2 tanks for just $119.99 (reg. $209) for a limited time.
StackSocial prices subject to change.
Source: Mashable | 9 Dec 2023 | 5:00 am
Apple is still not playing nice with Android and blocks the Beeper Mini. Or is the issue something else? Whatever the reason — sorry Android — No Blue Bubbles for you! The new easy-access solution for iMessage must have been too good to be true. It only launched a week ago, but the app began experiencing technical difficulties almost immediately. Users can’t send or receive blue bubble messages. Users began reporting the issue, and the comments piled up. The Verge said that its employees were not able to activate their Android phone numbers on the Beeper Mini today.
To begin with, Beeper Mini resulted from an attempt to reverse engineer Apple’s messaging tool, and everything went well for a while. The developers were able to figure out how to register a phone number with iMessage. The messages were integrated directly into Apple’s servers, and then the message was relayed back to the Android phone. Snazzy Labs made a great video on how to do the process. The video is still on YouTube as of this writing — and it’s pretty fun to watch.
The Verge says that Beeper Mini hoped that its messaging app would be too much trouble for Apple to unravel — but apparently, Apple took very little time to stop the app.
The Beeper CEO, Eric Migicovsky, said there was a considerable outrage — you can read it here on X.
Investigating reports that sending/receiving is not working in Beeper Mini
— Beeper (@onbeeper) December 8, 2023
It will be interesting to see if the Beeper engineers can provide a workaround solution. IMessage and group chats have always been an issue fraught with problems between Apple and Android. Try getting your Pickleball team all connected and talking about where to meet, and it becomes a cellphone nightmare.
“That means that anytime you text your Android friends, anyone can read the message. Apple can read the message. Your phone carrier can read the message. Google… literally, it’s just like a postcard. Anyone can read it. So Beeper Mini actually increases the security of iPhones.” –Eric Migicovsky to TechCrunch
We already know that Apple sees its iMessage as a key tool to lock users into the never-ending ecosystem of Apple. This may be a smart move on the part of Apple. Others were hoping that the EU’s interoperability regulation would put a stop to Apple’s insider operations — but that regulation doesn’t go into effect until 2024, so we’ll watch to see what occurs.
Those close to the EU source said Apple is set to avoid the EU crackdown.
Featured Image Credit:
The post Apple still not playing nice with Android, blocks Beeper Mini appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 8:51 pm
Metaverses are emerging concepts that combine technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, blockchain, etc. A few years ago, users couldn’t imagine interacting with 3D virtual worlds and each other in such immersive ways.
The most noteworthy example of the metaverse taking shape is Facebook rebranding itself as Meta. This tech giant has set its sights on developing the infrastructure and platform necessary for the metaverse to flourish. They aim to create seamless digital experiences and user interactions by combining virtual reality with their flagship Oculus devices.
As the metaverse grows, an array of powerful technologies come to the forefront:
- Virtual Reality (VR): A fully immersive environment allows users to explore and engage with digital worlds.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Integrates digital elements into the physical environment, enhancing our real-world experiences.
- Blockchain Technologies: Enable the creation of decentralized platforms and digital assets, paving the way for user-owned virtual goods and unique, verifiable digital identities.
The potential for the metaverse is vast and varied. Some current applications include virtual concerts, educational experiences, and business meetings. Major companies, such as Unity, have also started developing tools and software for developers to build robust and innovative applications within this space.
According to Gergo Vari, the founder of Lensa, if your startup is ready to ride the metaverse wave, staying informed and investing in the skills and expertise needed for this new era are crucial. By utilizing the metamodern opportunities created by these groundbreaking technologies, we can transform our lives, our workplaces, and our interactions.
As it develops, Businesses and consumers will have access to a wide range of opportunities in the metaverse. Adapting to emerging trends and staying agile will be crucial for startups as the metaverse grows.
Potential Impact on Various Industries
Data Management and Storage
Users will generate and consume more data as the metaverse becomes more prevalent. This massive influx of information will require data management and storage to handle and process. Innovations such as edge computing, decentralized cloud storage, and privacy-enhancing tools will be in high demand due to the growing demand for efficient, secure, and scalable data storage solutions.
Economy and Meta
New economic models and virtual assets will reshape the global economy in the metaverse. A secure and efficient transaction mechanism will be needed as users and businesses interact in the metaverse. Startups can take advantage of this opportunity and develop cryptocurrency, digital wallets, and financial platforms adapted for the metaverse.
In addition, the metaverse will create new marketplaces, revenue streams, and employment opportunities, which will impact both traditional and digital economies. Industries such as real estate, fashion, and entertainment will transform, with businesses offering innovative products and services in a virtual environment.
Meta in Sports
Sports will undergo a digital revolution within the metaverse, offering unique opportunities to engage fans and athletes worldwide across virtual and real-world systems. Startups can leverage virtual reality and advanced analytics to create immersive fan experiences, enabling spectators to tune into live events and interact with their favorite teams and players in new and exciting ways. Some possibilities include virtual arenas, sports simulations, and e-sports tournaments.
Furthermore, sports organizations can harness the power of data and connected devices to improve training methods and monitor athletes’ performance. This combination of meta in sports will transform the dynamics of physical activity, inspiring the next generation of sports innovators and enthusiasts.
The 2024 Expectations: Startup Alignment
As we approach 2024, startups need to align themselves with the emerging trends poised to shake up the business landscape. In a world dominated by ongoing digital advancements and the technological revolution, staying informed and ready to adapt is essential.
Generative AI: The Forbes article Startup Trends, Industries, and Technologies in 2024 suggests that the evolution of Generative AI will play a crucial role in the business sector. Startups should focus on exploring the capabilities of AI to create and innovate, which includes applications in design, content production, process automation, and more.
Metaverse Integration: The Metaverse is no longer a sci-fi concept but a reality that businesses must learn to navigate. Companies that can adapt quickly to the growing demand for digital experiences will have a competitive edge in 2024. Incorporating metaverse technologies can help fuel customer engagement, streamline business operations, and expand revenue streams.
Essential 2024 Startup Accessories:
Advanced AI tools
Virtual Reality (VR) devices
Augmented Reality (AR) platforms
To ensure that startups are ready for 2024’s lineup of technological opportunities, founders should pay close attention to emerging news and cutting-edge developments. This includes investment in equipment and talent to boost productivity and overall horsepower.
Staying informed on operational trends is also vital for startups heading into 2024. An article titled Navigating the New Normal: Operations Insights for 2024 highlights the importance of understanding the volatile labor market and adapting to automation demands. This means finding the right balance in embracing technology while addressing workforce challenges.
Startups looking to succeed in 2024 need to align themselves with the expectations of the upcoming business revolution and adapt accordingly. Investing in advanced AI capabilities, metaverse technologies, and staying agile to emerging trends will help ensure a bright future in the dynamics of 2024.
Street Smart: Adapting to the Metaversal Revolution
The Metaverse, a term coined by Neal Stephenson, is ushering in a new era of digital innovation, offering startups unparalleled opportunities to thrive in this virtual world. As we move into 2024, your startup must be street-smart and harness the power of the metaverse to drive success.
One essential factor to consider in this environment is the sound your startup makes in the digital sphere. In the metaverse, the auditory experience is crucial for engaging users and creating immersive virtual environments. Startups should invest in developing high-quality audio experiences, whether it be for NFTs and digital art, gaming, or virtual events. Identifying and utilizing cutting-edge audio technology is a significant step to staying relevant in the metaverse.
Next, consider the horsepower of your startup’s infrastructure. The metaverse demands high-performance computing and networking to manage the sheer volume of data exchanged and rendered in real-time. Focus on building a tech stack that can scale quickly and efficiently in response to the dynamic demands of the metaverse. This might include cloud-native solutions, edge computing, and robust content delivery networks (CDNs).
Localizing your presence in the metaverse is vital, akin to securing an attractive location on a bustling street. Identify the digital platforms that have the most significant impact on your target audience and seize the opportunities they provide. Some popular choices include:
Social Media and messaging platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Discord)
Gaming platforms (Steam, Epic Games Store, Roblox)
NFT & digital collectibles marketplaces (OpenSea, Rarible)
Finally, to ensure your startup is fully adapted to the metaversal revolution, cultivate a culture of ongoing learning and agility within your team. The metaverse is a rapidly evolving landscape where trends and technologies can change overnight. Foster an environment where employees are encouraged to stay informed and develop new skills to thrive in this ever-changing world.
By staying street-smart in the metaverse, your startup will unlock numerous opportunities and ride the wave of the digital revolution, positioning itself for sustained growth and success in the years to come.
Featured Image Credit: Bradley Hook; Pexels
The post Is Your Startup Future-Ready? Embrace the Metaversal Wave appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 7:34 pm
The widespread spread of the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing has become obvious in this continually developing tech world. Everyone is embracing the potential of these transformative technologies to improve daily life activities.
Let’s take a look at the advantages and difficulties that come with the prevalent adoption of IoT and cloud computing, revealing insights into the dynamics of modern digital connectivity.
The Rise of IoT
IoT has changed how the world interacts. It has smoothly integrated into almost every aspect of our daily lives, from smart homes and wearable devices to autonomous vehicles and industrial sensors. However, this has also paved the way for cyber threats. There has been a larger avenue for threat actors due to the magnitude of interconnected devices, making traditional measures incompetent.
Cybersecurity has started concentrating on data encryption, device-level security, and robust authentication mechanisms to address security challenges. Presently, manufacturers emphasize that security is incorporated into the plan of IoT devices from the onset. This includes executing secure boot processes, regular firmware updates, and traceability and accountability enhancement using unique devices.
Cloud Computing’s Universality
Business operations have changed from traditional on-premises infrastructure to scalable and flexible cloud-based solutions since the advent of cloud computing. According to Statista, the worldwide public cloud computing market was worth 478 billion dollars in 2022 and is estimated to reach 679 billion dollars in 2024. That’s a whopping 201 billion increase in the space of 2years.
Although Cloud computing brings evident benefits such as availability and cost savings, it also has cyber security challenges. Cloud services are centralized in nature; which implies that a breach could expose a tremendous amount of sensitive data. To tackle these threats, advanced cybersecurity measures focus on data encryption, multi-factor authentication, and strong access controls.
Cloud service providers now invest greatly in advanced security measures, like real-time monitoring, threat intelligence, and automated incident response systems. The shared responsibility model emphasizes the collaboration between cloud providers and their clients – which has become a foundation of cybersecurity to ensure a comprehensive security posture.
Confluence of IoT and Cloud Computing
The merging of IoT and Cloud Computing has created a mutual relationship that increases both the risks and benefits. The cloud provides the necessary infrastructure for storing, processing, and analyzing the vast amount of data produced by IoT devices. Even so, this connection also presents a complex security landscape.
In the end, cybersecurity aims to create a consistent and secure data flow, so it has evolved to provide end-to-end protection that involves securing the communication channels between devices and the cloud.
For the benefit of the IoT and Cloud Computing ecosystem, cybersecurity solutions apply improved identity and access management and use AI for anomaly detection and to predict threat analysis.
Challenges in the Changing Landscape
Despite the developments in cybersecurity, there are difficulties in the changing landscape of IoT and Cloud Computing.
Different IoT devices each have its own specifications and security protocols, which is a major challenge. In security practices across the industry, standardization is vital for guaranteeing a uniform and robust security posture.
The ever-changing nature of cyber threats is another challenge. As technology changes, so do the techniques employed by cybercriminals; they keep finding new ways to breach security. Cybersecurity Ventures states that global cybercrime costs will grow by 15 percent annually over the next five years, from $3 trillion in 2015 to reaching $10.5 trillion year-over-year by 2025.
Cybersecurity measures need continuous monitoring, regular updates, and joint effort between cybersecurity experts, device manufacturers, and network security providers – to remain dynamic and versatile in front of rising threats.
The Human Factor
The human factor is an essential component of cybersecurity. While the focus is on technological solutions, users must also be educated on the risks and best practices for maintaining a secure digital environment.
Ransomware attacks, insider threats, and phishing attacks are major concerns. Phishing email statistics show that 1.2 percent of all emails sent are malicious, which translates into 3.4 billion phishing emails daily.
Education and awareness programs are very important. People should be taught to recognize and report these threats, attend cybersecurity forums and events, and they should stay informed about safe online practices, including using strong passwords or password managers.
Also, organizations must hold regular training sessions and conduct strict cybersecurity policies to keep employees informed on the most recent cyber threats and precautions. According to Cybersecurity Ventures, in 2023, global spending on security awareness training for employees is up from around $5.6 billion and is predicted to exceed $10 billion by 2027 – a whole 15 percent yearly increase.
The Future of Cybersecurity
As the world relies on digital networks daily, there is a need to strengthen and improve cybersecurity. Marsh’s U.S. Cyber Purchasing Trends report states that during the first quarter of 2023, insurance for cyber security pricing increased by 11 percent in the U.S. compared to 28 percent in 2022, and the cost is still on the rise.
The future of cybersecurity will be shaped by technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) – which has an important role to play in threat detection and solutions, quantum computing which might present new decryption challenges and solutions, and 5G networks.
Although the spread of 5G networks will result in faster speed and connectivity, it can also give way to cyber threats. Therefore, getting the right foundation of 5G networks on vital systems and services is necessary to get ahead of attacks.
The evolution of cybersecurity is a continuous ride and is constantly changing. With the emergence and merging of technologies like IoT and Cloud Computing, there has been an increase in the risks of cyber threats, and cybercriminals find new ways to breach security daily.
Managing these challenges requires teamwork and an extensive security strategy. This strategy should aim to improve the digital ecosystem’s connection and make the digital future secure. It should also involve education, regular monitoring, a combination of all the latest technologies, and the creation of cybersecurity awareness.
Featured Image Credit: Tima Miroshnichenko; Pexels
The post The Evolution of Cybersecurity in the Age of IoT and Cloud Computing appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 7:24 pm
The perception of a competitive environment within the generative AI sector is far from accurate, as almost all startups, new entrants, and AI research facilities rely on Big Tech corporations such as Microsoft, Amazon, and Google. These behemoths not only supply the crucial computing infrastructure needed for training AI systems, but also the extensive consumer market access required for deploying and marketing AI products. Many startups license and rebrand AI models developed by these major tech companies or their associated startups. In reality, these small companies often function as an extension of the technology giants rather than direct competitors. The symbiotic relationship enables niche specialization and adaptive experimentation and often leads to the acquisition of successful startups by Big Tech corporations, further consolidating the industry’s power dynamics.
Platform dominance and the surveillance business model
The prevalence of Big Tech is due to its platform dominance and the self-reinforcing characteristics of the surveillance business model, which permits them to own and manage the vital components for creating and implementing large-scale AI systems. As a result, Big Tech companies can gather extensive amounts of user data and utilize it to improve their products and services, creating a continuous feedback loop that allows them to stay ahead of competitors. This widespread influence also enables these companies to shape the future direction of artificial intelligence, potentially limiting the adoption of alternative approaches or technologies that might challenge their dominance.
The recent OpenAI drama surrounding Microsoft illustrates how financial clout translates into control over the AI sector, with companies competing to launch systems to maintain supremacy. This competition has led to the rapid development of increasingly sophisticated AI technologies, sometimes compromising ethical considerations in pursuing progress. Stakeholders must strive to balance the quest for technological advancements with upholding ethical standards, ensuring that the AI revolution remains beneficial to all.
OpenAI drama and the impact on AI development
This concentrated power disrupts market dynamics and raises concerns about democracy, culture, and individual and group autonomy. As a result of this disruption, smaller businesses and new entrants struggle to compete and establish themselves in the market, often leading to reduced innovation and fewer options for consumers. Additionally, this dominance by a few powerful entities can potentially erode the foundational principles of democracy by controlling sources of information and influencing public opinion, which in turn impacts the ability of individuals and groups to exercise independent decision-making and to express diverse views.
Unless there is significant intervention, the AI marketplace will continue to benefit and strengthen the positions of the corporations profiting from the intrusive surveillance business model that has dominated the commercial internet, often at the cost of the public. This consolidation of power in the hands of a few significant corporations not only limits competition but also leads to a potential erosion of privacy and autonomy for individuals who rely on the Internet for various aspects of their daily lives.
Featured Image Credit: Google DeepMind; Pexels
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 6:45 pm
It seems like just yesterday when Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) was in the financial headlines for achieving a $2 trillion market capitalization. Now valued at a whopping $3 trillion, Apple has certainly earned its “Magnificent Seven” membership, but this raises the question of what’s achievable in 2024.
Apple’s market cap reached $3 trillion in August, so this time around, investors might wonder whether it’s too bloated to be sustainable. However, while Apple certainly has its share of challenges to face in the coming year, it’s always possible for its stock to continue climbing the so-called “wall of worry.”
It’s about value, not valuation
If you’re going to apply traditional valuation metrics to Apple, then it’s awfully hard to build a compelling bullish argument. For example, Apple’s GAAP-measured trailing 12-month price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio is 31.55, versus the sector median P/E ratio of 25.84.
Looking at it from a different angle, Apple stock is up nearly 50% year to date, which isn’t normal and might make value-focused investors uncomfortable. Yet, Apple’s growth as a company may justify its valuation.
In other words, Apple’s value derives not from traditional metrics but from its consistent delivery of strong sales figures. For example, in Apple’s fiscal fourth quarter, it generated $89.5 billion in revenue, including $43.8 billion from iPhone sales. Furthermore, Apple served up a nice surprise with $22.3 billion in quarterly Services segment revenue, up 16% year over year and above the analysts’ consensus estimate of $21.4 billion.
On the other hand, Apple CEO Tim Cook warned of an “uneven macroeconomic environment,” perhaps referring to higher-for-longer interest-rate policy in the U.S. and China’s uneven recovery from COVID-19. Additionally, while it’s not Apple’s main source of income, it still has to deal with soft personal computer (PC) sales; alarmingly, Mac revenue fell 34% to $7.6 billion in Apple’s most recently reported quarter.
Like every other company, Apple will have roadblocks to overcome in 2024. However, it can thrive as long as the American consumer is strong. Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales broke records this year in the U.S., indicating that people are willing and able to “shop ’til they drop” despite inflationary pressures.
Going forward, investors should bear in mind that smartphone sales are Apple’s bread and butter. A recovery in the PC market would certainly benefit Apple, but it’s not a requirement for it to maintain its $3 trillion market cap. Thus, investors should keep an eye on Apple’s iPhone sales updates as they could presage the future trajectory of its stock.
Focusing on China and India
In Apple’s most recently reported quarter, its China-based revenue fell 2.5% year over year to $15.1 billion. It’s another sign that Apple’s biggest challenge isn’t the American consumer.
What U.S.-based investors need to keep in mind is that Apple faces fierce competition in China from Huawei. Americans probably don’t think about Huawei very often, but the company has a huge presence in China’s tech-gadget market.
Additionally, that’s not Apple’s only challenge in China. The company also relies heavily on Chinese suppliers for product components. That’s not a comfortable scenario during a time of high tensions between the U.S. and Chinese governments .
This isn’t to suggest that Apple relies entirely on China for its components. Among the company’s most important suppliers and assemblers is a company in Taiwan known formally as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., although most Americans call it Foxconn.
Not to attach too much importance to Foxconn, but it’s certainly a positive sign for Apple that Foxconn recently reported robust sales. In particular, the Taiwanese company’s November revenue rose 18% to the equivalent of US$20.6 billion.
Additionally, Apple is evidently preparing to shift its focus away from China. According to Apple Insider, the company “asked its battery suppliers to scale up production in India in time for manufacturing of the iPhone 16.”
It’s unlikely that Apple can make a full, clean break from China as a supplier. Nevertheless, a pivot to India could help it circumvent tensions and troubles in China.
One source told Apple Insider, “If all goes well with iPhone 16 battery supply, Apple plans to move more iPhone battery production to India.”
Eyeing $4 trillion in 2024
Getting Apple’s market cap to $4 trillion and its stock price to $250, $300 and more in 2024 won’t be easy. However, if 2023 has taught the market anything, it’s that big tech firms can continue to get bigger.
Thus, investors shouldn’t lost faith in Apple stock, even if its valuation seems lofty in December. Despite its persistent problems, Apple hasn’t lost its relentless drive to find solutions, overcome obstacles and sell smartphones in mind-blowing quantities.
Published on ValueWalk. Read Here.
Featured Image Credit: Zhang Kaiyv; Pexels
The post Apple at $3 Trillion: Can This Giant Keep Growing? appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 6:00 pm
Branded drop shipping is a revolutionary concept in the online shopping world. By combining dropshipping with brand development, businesses can create a successful venture. Additionally, people are more likely to approach a brand-named online store than a normal one because people trust brands. A key reason for the popularity of this concept is that it allows businesses to operate more efficiently.
Dropshipping is a profitable business model. Due to this business model, both businesses that have and do not have inventory can sell products and earn profits. Consequently, the dropshipping market is growing exponentially, breaking records every day.
The market is anticipated to exceed $243.42 billion in 2023, which is an encouraging figure for businesses considering this approach or already in the process.
Let’s dig into a proper guide to explaining this Business so you will better understand it.
What’s branded dropshipping?
Brands are consumers’ ideas, concepts, or perceptions of companies, stores, and products. Branding is crucial to ensuring your company is recognizable and distinct from your competitors. So, when talking about dropshipping, what does it mean?
As the name suggests, running a dropshipping business incorporated with a brand is called branded dropshipping. However, this approach is a bit different from traditional dropshipping, where you sell a product, and a third person delivers the product on your behalf. Instead, in this model, you sell products with your private label or trusted brands.
However, if you incorporate a brand for the dropshipping process, you must get their permission to operate your store successfully. Nevertheless, many brands hesitate to shake hands with the drop shipper because they worry about losing control over their quality and processes. Simply put, going with your own private label is the best strategy you can adopt.
How do you create an effective brand strategy for your dropshipping business?
Similar to the creative custom packaging ideas that assist businesses in grabbing the audience’s attention and improving their product’s first impression, here are some critical elements of creating an effective brand strategy.
- Feedback and ratings from customers
- Retarget your customers.
- Invest in SEO content marketing.
- Take advantage of email marketing.
- Strategize your social media marketing.
- Organize a giveaway
Feedback and ratings from customers
Building trust is one of the most frustrating things in the dropshipping Business. It is also becoming increasingly difficult for customers to decide whether to invest in a new dropshipping store. What if the product ends up being counterfeit or dysfunctional? What if the product’s quality does not match the customer’s expectations?
The only things that provide comfort to customers in this situation are customer ratings and feedback, which increases the likelihood that they will buy your product. This will add an element of transparency and authenticity. Therefore, your store should have a section for customer feedback and ratings.
Retarget your customers.
Although there are no official figures according to the studies, only 2% of the visitors purchase the product on their first visit to the website, and the rest simply go to the new store to find a discount or a better product. In other words, rather than focusing on gaming traffic, you can do smart work by following up with all those who have visited your website.
For that purpose, you have to make engaging and eye-catching ads along with appealing taglines that strike the chord of the customer, and there will be a 50 – 70% chance that they will revisit your website and buy your product.
Invest in SEO content marketing.
For an effective brand strategy, blogging is also an excellent idea to consider. It is an economical yet powerful tactic to rank your dropshipping store on the top of any search engine result page. When creating your blog, you must include guides and other content that will interest your potential customers. Even though it requires time and work, the outcomes will astound you. This strategy will allow you to consistently drive traffic to your dropshipping store while also providing inspirational content.
Take advantage of email marketing.
A great return on investment can also be achieved through email marketing in dropshipping. Because of its benefits like highlighting special promotions and offers, boosting sales by converting abandoned carts, retaining customers, and provoking new customers to purchase, it is a crucial part of an e-commerce marketing strategy.
Notably, sending out regular newsletters can be an excellent place to start. This way, you can set up forms and popups for lead generation. As a result, these email subscribers are now entering the initial stages of the purchasing process.
After that, you can use these newsletters to send your product blog content to attract customers; by doing so, customers will get engaged and curious about your products, boosting business sales.
Strategize your social media marketing.
Using social media marketing for marketing your dropshipping store is also highly recommended. Similar to SEO content marketing, this strategy requires time to generate traffic. However, because of the intense competition, success in this strategy requires careful planning.
Consider starting small, focusing on two or three channels, and focusing on them thoroughly. Keep your goals in mind and choose a platform according to that. For example, short videos are popular these days, so you can upload them to social media platforms.
Also, it would be helpful if you gathered as much user-generated content as possible. In this way, you can build up more credibility and trust for your dropshipping brand.
Organize a giveaway
Everybody wants freebees and will seek involvement in giveaway campaigns. Since drop shippers do not have their stock, they do not consider their strategy. Even so, adequately executed giveaways can help you improve your store’s traffic and boost sales.
For organizing a giveaway, first, you have to choose which type of contest you want to run that will promote your brand and a suitable prize. After that, you can promote your contest on different media platforms to strike the audience.
In addition to boosting traffic to your store, increasing social engagement and followers, promoting a specific product, growing your email marketing list, and boosting brand awareness, you can even improve social engagement with the right contest.
How to Make Your Dropshipping Branded
Here are some steps you can follow to make your dropshipping branded.
- Create a Proper Business Website for Dropshipping
- Go with a Consistent Color Scheme & Logo to Build a Brand
- Use Custom Labels & Packaging
- Add Custom Inserts to your Product for Durability
Create a Proper Business Website for Dropshipping
The first step toward constructing a successful dropshipping website is identifying a reliable e-commerce platform such as Shopify or WooCommerce. Ensure mobile responsiveness, optimize design, and use high-quality visuals to maximize user experience. Additionally, to Improve organic traffic and visibility, use SEO strategies.
Go with a Consistent Color Scheme & Logo to Build a Brand
Choose a color scheme, typography, and logo that resonates with your products and audience to define your brand identity. To build trust with customers, brands should be consistent across channels. You may follow the six-year rule to build trust and reliability in your audience.
Use Custom Labels & Packaging
Integrate custom labels and packaging into your brand to elevate it. Customer loyalty is enhanced when packaging adds professionalism and reinforces brand recognition. You may ask your custom packaging manufacturer to add similar labels to your packaging that will provide information about your product and act as a tiny brand ambassador to your Business, attracting customers.
Add Custom Inserts to your Product for Durability
Make your products durable and customer-satisfaction by adding custom inserts. Besides protecting items, these packaging options provide additional information or customization, expressing the quality of your brand. Furthermore, functional products can help ensure customer satisfaction and serve as an opportunity to engage customers.
Custom Packaging Companies Which You Can Try for your Dropshipping
Here are some of the top custom packaging companies you can try for dropshipping.
- Box Agency
Arka specializes in crafting eco-friendly and sustainable packaging solutions. They focus on creating customizable packaging made from recycled and biodegradable materials, appealing to businesses seeking innovative and environmentally conscious packaging options.
Box Agency (boxagency dot com) specializes in custom box design, prototyping, and manufacturing for a wide variety of businesses. Their designs reflect their clients’ unique brands and requirements, ensuring they deliver high-quality and distinctive packaging.
Packhelp stands out by offering an online platform for businesses to design and order personalized packaging. Their user-friendly interface allows customers to create customized packaging using templates or their own designs, primarily designed to offer services to small to medium-sized businesses.
Like Packhelp, Packlane provides an online platform for businesses to design custom packaging. They specialize in delivering simple yet personalized packaging solutions focusing on design flexibility, targeting businesses seeking simple yet customized packaging options.
For Product Dropshipping, Outsource Contact with a Specialist
“Join BEST FULL FILL in simplifying your order fulfillment process! Their mission is to save you time, energy, and costs while achieving top-notch customer satisfaction. Connect with them today and experience a streamlined approach that enhances efficiency and maximizes value for your Business!”
Featured Image Credit: Rdne Stock Project; Pexels
The post Branded Dropshipping: A Guide for E-commerce Businesses appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 5:09 pm
Chinese semiconductor factory Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC) may have surpassed the 5nm process barrier despite U.S. restrictions — by developing a cutting-edge chip for Huawei. This breakthrough is a significant step forward for both SMIC and Huawei amidst ongoing geopolitical tensions and technological competition. As the demand for advanced chips continues to rise, this development puts the Chinese tech giants in a stronger position to compete globally and reduce their dependence on U.S. suppliers.
Earlier this year, the firm commenced mass production of Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 9000S processor utilizing its second-generation 7mm process technology. As a result, Huawei was able to significantly boost the performance and efficiency of its devices equipped with this high-end chipset. This collaboration has demonstrated the increasing capabilities of semiconductor companies to deliver cutting-edge technology, and it is expected to pave the way for further advancements in the industry.
Currently, Huawei’s website features an eight-core Arm-based HiSilicon Kirin 9000C processor fabricated on a 5nm-class process node for the Qingyun L540 laptop. The general-purpose cores of the Kirin 9006C are listed as having a capacity of up to 3.13 GHz, comparable to the TSMC N5-based Kirin 9000 SoC launched by Huawei in late August 2020. This demonstrates Huawei’s commitment to innovation and self-reliance as the Chinese tech giant continues to navigate global challenges and drive technological advancements in the industry.
Huawei and SMIC collaboration speculation
The similarities between the two chips imply that Huawei might have collaborated with SMIC to manufacture the processors. This collaboration could be a strategic move for Huawei to reduce its dependency on foreign chip manufacturers and strengthen its foothold in the domestic market. As China continues to invest heavily in its semiconductor industry, such partnerships with local manufacturers like SMIC would be mutually beneficial in accelerating technological advancement and market growth.
Multi-patterning techniques for intricate designs
Huawei and SMIC use these methods to divide complicated patterns into simpler patterns printed in sequence for improved precision. By utilizing this approach, manufacturers can create intricate and precise designs with reduced errors and higher efficiency. This subsequently leads to an enhanced final product, as the simpler patterns are easier to control and manage during printing.
Featured Image Credit: Wikipedia; Thank you!
The post Chinese SMIC surpasses 5nm barrier with Huawei chip appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 2:54 pm
Apps and websites that use artificial intelligence to digitally remove clothing from women’s photos without consent are skyrocketing in popularity, according to a Time report.
Researchers at the social network analysis firm Graphika found that in September alone, 24 million people visited so-called “nudify” or “undressing” services that apply AI algorithms to actual photos of clothed women to generate fake nude images.
The startling growth corresponds with the open-sourcing of several new AI diffusion models capable of creating strikingly realistic fake nude images. Whereas previous AI-altered images tended to be blurry or unrealistic, these new models allow amateurs to generate convincingly real nude photos without sophisticated training.
Marketing for these services often occurs openly on platforms like Reddit and Telegram, with some ads even suggesting users send the fake nudes back to the victim herself. One Nudify app pays for sponsored YouTube content and ranks first in Google searches despite the practice of violating most sites’ policies. Still, the services operate largely unchecked.
Deepfakes are dangerous, especially for non-consensual pornography
Experts warn the proliferation of DIY deepfake nudes represents a dangerous new phase in non-consensual pornography. “We are seeing more and more of this being done by ordinary people with ordinary targets,” said Eva Galperin of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, noting a rise in cases among high schoolers.
Still, many victims never even discover such images exist—those who do often struggle to get law enforcement to investigate or lack funds to pursue legal action.
Currently, federal law does not explicitly ban deepfake pornography, only the generation of faked child sexual abuse material. In November, a North Carolina psychiatrist received 40 years in prison – the first conviction of its kind – for using AI undressing apps on underage patient photos.
In response to the trend, TikTok has blocked search terms related to nudify apps and Meta began blocking related keywords on its platforms as well. Still, analysts say much more awareness and action is needed around non-consensual AI porn.
The apps treat women’s bodies as raw material without consent, running roughshod over privacy rights in pursuit of profit. “You can create something that actually looks realistic,” said Santiago Lakatos. Indeed, for victims, that is precisely the danger.
Featured Image Credit: Photo by Markus Winkler; Pexels
The post AI undressing deepfake nude generation apps soar in popularity appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 1:20 pm
G42, a leading United Arab Emirates (UAE) artificial intelligence (AI) agency has vowed to cut ties with Chinese hardware suppliers.
The announcement is another development in the geopolitical struggle between China and the US in the race for emerging information technology in the Middle East, reports The Financial Times.
The Abu-Dhabi company was founded in 2018 and is chaired by UAE National Security Advisor Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed. Sheikh Tahoon has been pushing for increased for investment in the UAE from multiple nations.
UAE at the heart of the international AI battleground
The Gulf state has become the focus of multiple expansions by US-based companies in AI and information technology.
Chair of G42 Peng Xiao said; “for better or worse, as a commercial company, we are in a position where we have to make a choice,” Xiao told the Financial Times. “We cannot work with both sides. We can’t.”
The decision to phase out Chinese hardware, most notably chips and processors, comes from the investment and pressure of US corporate partners currently operating in the UAE.
Peng’s announcement marks a crossroad for G42 who have worked with US companies to extend their investment in the Gulf State whilst also working with China and other nations. Most notably Huawei on Chinese-developed processors and data centers, and Sweden’s Ericsson for telecommunications development in the region.
Last month G42 agreed to a deal with OpenAI, the research company responsible for ChatGPT, marking another US-based company providing AI solutions across public, healthcare and financial services in the UAE.
Microsoft also announced the next phase of their collaboration with G42 to offer to “make available sovereign cloud offerings, co-innovate and deliver advanced AI capabilities, and expand the existing data center infrastructure in the UAE.”
AI is becoming an increasingly important topic for nations as can be seen from last month’s gathering of world leaders to address safe AI development. The US has since announced the formation of an AI safety institute within the Department of Commerce.
Photo by Kevin Villaruz/Pexels
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 12:50 pm
B2B gaming supplier Push Gaming has announced its foray into the Swiss market, partnering with the esteemed Grand Casino Luzern. This collaboration, as per Gambling Insider, marks Push Gaming’s inaugural venture into the regulated Swiss jurisdiction, bringing a fresh gaming experience to the region.
The partnership could revolutionize the Swiss online gaming landscape, as Grand Casino Luzern’s online brand, mycasino, secures an exclusive eight-week deal. During this period, mycasino will be the sole provider of Push Gaming’s acclaimed titles in Switzerland, including popular games like Razor Returns, Jammin’ Jars, Wild Swarm, and Boss Bear. This exclusivity offers mycasino a unique competitive edge before these games become available to other operators in the Swiss market.
Fiona Hickey, Director of New Business and Markets at Push Gaming, expressed excitement about the partnership, stating, “We are thrilled to be partnering with Grand Casino Luzern whilst simultaneously entering the Swiss market. The operator’s position within Switzerland will allow our fan-favourite titles to reach a vast audience and aid in further growth within the market thereafter. We are excited to see players’ reception to our unique content.”
Echoing this sentiment, Wolfgang Bliem, CEO of Grand Casino Luzern, highlighted the significance of introducing Push Gaming’s slot titles to the Swiss player base. “Our goal is to offer players the broadest range of titles that also provide innovation and transformative gameplay experiences and through the partnership with Push Gaming, we reaffirm these aspirations,” he added.
Push Gaming’s global expansion and Grand Casino Luzern’s diverse offerings
Earlier this year, Push Gaming expanded into the Colombian market through a partnership with Skywind. The company’s acquisition by LeoVegas Group, part of MGM Resorts International, has facilitated its global expansion while maintaining its independence. This strategic move has enabled Push Gaming to form collaborations with companies like Skywind, furthering its global reach.
Grand Casino Luzern has also been active in enhancing its online portfolio through partnerships with industry leaders like Light & Wonder and Pragmatic Play. These collaborations have enriched the Swiss online gaming scene, providing players with a diverse range of gaming content from multiple providers.
The post Push Gaming debuts in Swiss market with Grand Casino Luzern partnership appeared first on ReadWrite.
Source: ReadWrite | 8 Dec 2023 | 12:36 pm
If you want to pay online, you need to register an account and provide credit card information. If you don't have a credit card, you can pay with bank transfer. With the rise of cryptocurrencies, these methods may become old.
Imagine a world in which you can do transactions and many other things without having to give your personal information. A world in which you don’t need to rely on banks or governments anymore. Sounds amazing, right? That’s exactly what blockchain technology allows us to do.
It’s like your computer’s hard drive. blockchain is a technology that lets you store data in digital blocks, which are connected together like links in a chain.
Blockchain technology was originally invented in 1991 by two mathematicians, Stuart Haber and W. Scot Stornetta. They first proposed the system to ensure that timestamps could not be tampered with.
A few years later, in 1998, software developer Nick Szabo proposed using a similar kind of technology to secure a digital payments system he called “Bit Gold.” However, this innovation was not adopted until Satoshi Nakamoto claimed to have invented the first Blockchain and Bitcoin.
So, What is Blockchain?
A blockchain is a distributed database shared between the nodes of a computer network. It saves information in digital format. Many people first heard of blockchain technology when they started to look up information about bitcoin.
Blockchain is used in cryptocurrency systems to ensure secure, decentralized records of transactions.
Blockchain allowed people to guarantee the fidelity and security of a record of data without the need for a third party to ensure accuracy.
To understand how a blockchain works, Consider these basic steps:
- Blockchain collects information in “blocks”.
- A block has a storage capacity, and once it's used up, it can be closed and linked to a previously served block.
- Blocks form chains, which are called “Blockchains.”
- More information will be added to the block with the most content until its capacity is full. The process repeats itself.
- Each block in the chain has an exact timestamp and can't be changed.
Let’s get to know more about the blockchain.
How does blockchain work?
Blockchain records digital information and distributes it across the network without changing it. The information is distributed among many users and stored in an immutable, permanent ledger that can't be changed or destroyed. That's why blockchain is also called "Distributed Ledger Technology" or DLT.
Here’s how it works:
- Someone or a computer will transacts
- The transaction is transmitted throughout the network.
- A network of computers can confirm the transaction.
- When it is confirmed a transaction is added to a block
- The blocks are linked together to create a history.
And that’s the beauty of it! The process may seem complicated, but it’s done in minutes with modern technology. And because technology is advancing rapidly, I expect things to move even more quickly than ever.
- A new transaction is added to the system. It is then relayed to a network of computers located around the world. The computers then solve equations to ensure the authenticity of the transaction.
- Once a transaction is confirmed, it is placed in a block after the confirmation. All of the blocks are chained together to create a permanent history of every transaction.
How are Blockchains used?
Even though blockchain is integral to cryptocurrency, it has other applications. For example, blockchain can be used for storing reliable data about transactions. Many people confuse blockchain with cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum.
Blockchain already being adopted by some big-name companies, such as Walmart, AIG, Siemens, Pfizer, and Unilever. For example, IBM's Food Trust uses blockchain to track food's journey before reaching its final destination.
Although some of you may consider this practice excessive, food suppliers and manufacturers adhere to the policy of tracing their products because bacteria such as E. coli and Salmonella have been found in packaged foods. In addition, there have been isolated cases where dangerous allergens such as peanuts have accidentally been introduced into certain products.
Tracing and identifying the sources of an outbreak is a challenging task that can take months or years. Thanks to the Blockchain, however, companies now know exactly where their food has been—so they can trace its location and prevent future outbreaks.
Blockchain technology allows systems to react much faster in the event of a hazard. It also has many other uses in the modern world.
What is Blockchain Decentralization?
Blockchain technology is safe, even if it’s public. People can access the technology using an internet connection.
Have you ever been in a situation where you had all your data stored at one place and that one secure place got compromised? Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to prevent your data from leaking out even when the security of your storage systems is compromised?
Blockchain technology provides a way of avoiding this situation by using multiple computers at different locations to store information about transactions. If one computer experiences problems with a transaction, it will not affect the other nodes.
Instead, other nodes will use the correct information to cross-reference your incorrect node. This is called “Decentralization,” meaning all the information is stored in multiple places.
Blockchain guarantees your data's authenticity—not just its accuracy, but also its irreversibility. It can also be used to store data that are difficult to register, like legal contracts, state identifications, or a company's product inventory.
Pros and Cons of Blockchain
Blockchain has many advantages and disadvantages.
- Accuracy is increased because there is no human involvement in the verification process.
- One of the great things about decentralization is that it makes information harder to tamper with.
- Safe, private, and easy transactions
- Provides a banking alternative and safe storage of personal information
- Data storage has limits.
- The regulations are always changing, as they differ from place to place.
- It has a risk of being used for illicit activities
Frequently Asked Questions About Blockchain
I’ll answer the most frequently asked questions about blockchain in this section.
Is Blockchain a cryptocurrency?
Blockchain is not a cryptocurrency but a technology that makes cryptocurrencies possible. It's a digital ledger that records every transaction seamlessly.
Is it possible for Blockchain to be hacked?
Yes, blockchain can be theoretically hacked, but it is a complicated task to be achieved. A network of users constantly reviews it, which makes hacking the blockchain difficult.
What is the most prominent blockchain company?
Coinbase Global is currently the biggest blockchain company in the world. The company runs a commendable infrastructure, services, and technology for the digital currency economy.
Who owns Blockchain?
Blockchain is a decentralized technology. It’s a chain of distributed ledgers connected with nodes. Each node can be any electronic device. Thus, one owns blockhain.
What is the difference between Bitcoin and Blockchain technology?
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, which is powered by Blockchain technology while Blockchain is a distributed ledger of cryptocurrency
What is the difference between Blockchain and a Database?
Generally a database is a collection of data which can be stored and organized using a database management system. The people who have access to the database can view or edit the information stored there. The client-server network architecture is used to implement databases. whereas a blockchain is a growing list of records, called blocks, stored in a distributed system. Each block contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block, timestamp and transaction information. Modification of data is not allowed due to the design of the blockchain. The technology allows decentralized control and eliminates risks of data modification by other parties.
Blockchain has a wide spectrum of applications and, over the next 5-10 years, we will likely see it being integrated into all sorts of industries. From finance to healthcare, blockchain could revolutionize the way we store and share data. Although there is some hesitation to adopt blockchain systems right now, that won't be the case in 2022-2023 (and even less so in 2026). Once people become more comfortable with the technology and understand how it can work for them, owners, CEOs and entrepreneurs alike will be quick to leverage blockchain technology for their own gain. Hope you like this article if you have any question let me know in the comments section
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:41 am
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is a tool that checks for grammatical errors, spelling, and punctuation.it gives you comprehensive feedback on your writing. You can use this tool to proofread and edit articles, blog posts, emails, etc.
Grammarly also detects all types of mistakes, including sentence structure issues and misused words. It also gives you suggestions on style changes, punctuation, spelling, and grammar all are in real-time. The free version covers the basics like identifying grammar and spelling mistakes
whereas the Premium version offers a lot more functionality, it detects plagiarism in your content, suggests word choice, or adds fluency to it.
Features of Grammarly
- Spelling and Word Suggestion: Grammarly detects basic to advance grammatical errors and also help you why this is an error and suggest to you how you can improve it
- Create a Personal Dictionary: The Grammarly app allows you to add words to your personal dictionary so that the same mistake isn't highlighted every time you run Grammarly.
- Different English Style: Check to spell for American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
- Plagiarism: This feature helps you detect if a text has been plagiarized by comparing it with over eight billion web pages.
- Wordiness: This tool will help you check your writing for long and hard-to-read sentences. It also shows you how to shorten sentences so that they are more concise.
- Passive Voice: The program also notifies users when passive voice is used too frequently in a document.
- Punctuations: This feature flags all incorrect and missing punctuation.
- Repetition: The tool provides recommendations for replacing the repeated word.
- Proposition: Grammarly identifies misplaced and confused prepositions.
- Plugins: It offers Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Chrome plugins.
What is ProWritingAid?
ProWritingAid is a style and grammar checker for content creators and writers. It helps to optimize word choice, punctuation errors, and common grammar mistakes, providing detailed reports to help you improve your writing.
ProWritingAid can be used as an add-on to WordPress, Gmail, and Google Docs. The software also offers helpful articles, videos, quizzes, and explanations to help improve your writing.
Features of ProWriting Aid
Here are some key features of ProWriting Aid:
- Grammar checker and spell checker: This tool helps you to find all grammatical and spelling errors.
- Find repeated words: The tool also allows you to search for repeated words and phrases in your content.
- Context-sensitive style suggestions: You can find the exact style of writing you intend and suggest if it flows well in your writing.
- Check the readability of your content: Pro Writing Aid helps you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your article by pointing out difficult sentences and paragraphs.
- Sentence Length: It also indicates the length of your sentences.
- Check Grammatical error: It also checks your work for any grammatical errors or typos, as well.
- Overused words: As a writer, you might find yourself using the same word repeatedly. ProWritingAid's overused words checker helps you avoid this lazy writing mistake.
- Consistency: Check your work for inconsistent usage of open and closed quotation marks.
- Echoes: Check your writing for uniformly repetitive words and phrases.
Difference between Grammarly and Pro-Writing Aid
Grammarly and ProWritingAid are well-known grammar-checking software. However, if you're like most people who can't decide which to use, here are some different points that may be helpful in your decision.
Grammarly vs ProWritingAid
- Grammarly is a writing enhancement tool that offers suggestions for grammar, vocabulary, and syntax whereas ProWritingAid offers world-class grammar and style checking, as well as advanced reports to help you strengthen your writing.
- Grammarly provides Android and IOS apps whereas ProWritingAid doesn't have a mobile or IOS app.
- Grammarly offers important suggestions about mistakes you've made whereas ProWritingAid shows more suggestions than Grammarly but all recommendations are not accurate
- Grammarly has a more friendly UI/UX whereas the ProWritingAid interface is not friendly as Grammarly.
- Grammarly is an accurate grammar checker for non-fiction writing whereas ProWritingAid is an accurate grammar checker for fiction writers.
- Grammarly finds grammar and punctuation mistakes, whereas ProWritingAid identifies run-on sentences and fragments.
- Grammarly provides 24/7 support via submitting a ticket and sending emails. ProWritingAid’s support team is available via email, though the response time is approximately 48 hours.
- Grammarly offers many features in its free plan, whereas ProWritingAid offers some basic features in the free plan.
- Grammarly does not offer much feedback on big picture writing; ProWritingAid offers complete feedback on big picture writing.
- Grammarly is a better option for accuracy, whereas ProWritingAid is better for handling fragmented sentences and dialogue. It can be quite useful for fiction writers.
ProWritingAid VS Grammarly: Pricing Difference
- ProWritingAid comes with three pricing structures. The full-year cost of ProWritingAid is $79, while its lifetime plans cost $339. You also can opt for a monthly plan of $20.
- Grammarly offers a Premium subscription for $30/month for a monthly plan $20/month for quarterly and $12/month for an annual subscription.
- The Business plan costs $12.50 per month for each member of your company.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly – Pros and Cons
- It allows you to fix common mistakes like grammar and spelling.
- Offers most features in the free plan
- Allows you to edit a document without affecting the formatting.
- Active and passive voice checker
- Personal dictionary
- Plagiarism checker (paid version)
- Proofread your writing and correct all punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors.
- Allows you to make changes to a document without altering its formatting.
- Helps users improve vocabulary
- User-friendly interface
- Browser extensions and MS word add-ons
- Available on all major devices and platforms
- Grammarly will also offer suggestions to improve your style.
- Enhance the readability of your sentence
- Free mobile apps
- Offers free version
- Supports only English
- Customer support only via email
- Limits to 150,000 words
- Subscription plans can be a bit pricey
- Plagiarism checker is only available in a premium plan
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- No refund policy
- The free version is ideal for basic spelling and grammatical mistakes, but it does not correct advanced writing issues.
- Some features are not available for Mac.
- It offers more than 20 different reports to help you improve your writing.
- Less expensive than other grammar checkers.
- This tool helps you strengthen your writing style as it offers big-picture feedback.
- ProWritingAid has a life plan with no further payments required.
- Compatible with Google Docs!
- Prowritingaid works on both Windows and Mac.
- They offer more integrations than most tools.
- Editing can be a little more time-consuming when you add larger passages of text.
- ProWritingAid currently offers no mobile app for Android or iOS devices.
- Plagiarism checker is only available in premium plans.
- All recommendations are not accurate
Summarizing the Ginger VS Grammarly: My Recommendation
As both writing assistants are great in their own way, you need to choose the one that suits you best.
- For example, go for Grammarly if you are a non-fiction writer
- Go for ProWritingAid if you are a fiction writer.
- ProWritingAid is better at catching errors found in long-form content. However, Grammarly is more suited to short blog posts and other similar tasks.
- ProWritingAid helps you clean up your writing by checking for style, structure, and content while Grammarly focuses on grammar and punctuation.
- Grammarly has a more friendly UI/UX whereas; ProWritingAid offers complete feedback on big picture writing.
Both ProWritingAid and Grammarly are awesome writing tools, without a doubt. but as per my experience, Grammarly is a winner here because Grammarly helps you to review and edit your content. Grammarly highlights all the mistakes in your writing within seconds of copying and pasting the content into Grammarly’s editor or using the software’s native feature in other text editors.
Not only does it identify tiny grammatical and spelling errors, it tells you when you overlook punctuations where they are needed. And, beyond its plagiarism-checking capabilities, Grammarly helps you proofread your content. Even better, the software offers a free plan that gives you access to some of its features.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:41 am
Are you searching for an ecomerce platform to help you build an online store and sell products?
In this Sellfy review, we'll talk about how this eCommerce platform can let you sell digital products while keeping full control of your marketing.
And the best part? Starting your business can be done in just five minutes.
Let us then talk about the Sellfy platform and all the benefits it can bring to your business.
What is Sellfy?
Sellfy is an eCommerce solution that allows digital content creators, including writers, illustrators, designers, musicians, and filmmakers, to sell their products online. Sellfy provides a customizable storefront where users can display their digital products and embed "Buy Now" buttons on their website or blog. Sellfy product pages enable users to showcase their products from different angles with multiple images and previews from Soundcloud, Vimeo, and YouTube. Files of up to 2GB can be uploaded to Sellfy, and the company offers unlimited bandwidth and secure file storage. Users can also embed their entire store or individual project widgets in their site, with the ability to preview how widgets will appear before they are displayed.
Sellfy is a powerful e-commerce platform that helps you personalize your online storefront. You can add your logo, change colors, revise navigation, and edit the layout of your store. Sellfy also allows you to create a full shopping cart so customers can purchase multiple items. And Sellfy gives you the ability to set your language or let customers see a translated version of your store based on their location.
Sellfy gives you the option to host your store directly on its platform, add a custom domain to your store, and use it as an embedded storefront on your website. Sellfy also optimizes its store offerings for mobile devices, allowing for a seamless checkout experience.
Sellfy allows creators to host all their products and sell all of their digital products on one platform. Sellfy also does not place storage limits on your store but recommends that files be no larger than 5GB. Creators can sell both standard and subscription-based products in any file format that is supported by the online marketplace. Customers can purchase products instantly after making a purchase – there is no waiting period.
You can organize your store by creating your product categories, sorting by any characteristic you choose. Your title, description, and the image will be included on each product page. In this way, customers can immediately evaluate all of your products. You can offer different pricing options for all of your products, including "pay what you want," in which the price is entirely up to the customer. This option allows you to give customers control over the cost of individual items (without a minimum price) or to set pricing minimums—a good option if you're in a competitive market or when you have higher-end products. You can also offer set prices per product as well as free products to help build your store's popularity.
Sellfy is ideal for selling digital content, such as ebooks. But it does not allow you to copyrighted material (that you don't have rights to distribute).
Sellfy offers several ways to share your store, enabling you to promote your business on different platforms. Sellfy lets you integrate it with your existing website using "buy now" buttons, embed your entire storefront, or embed certain products so you can reach more people. Sellfy also enables you to connect with your Facebook page and YouTube channel, maximizing your visibility.
Payments and security
Sellfy is a simple online platform that allows customers to buy your products directly through your store. Sellfy has two payment processing options: PayPal and Stripe. You will receive instant payments with both of these processors, and your customer data is protected by Sellfy's secure (PCI-compliant) payment security measures. In addition to payment security, Sellfy provides anti-fraud tools to help protect your products including PDF stamping, unique download links, and limited download attempts.
Marketing and analytics tools
The Sellfy platform includes marketing and analytics tools to help you manage your online store. You can send email product updates and collect newsletter subscribers through the platform. With Sellfy, you can also offer discount codes and product upsells, as well as create and track Facebook and Twitter ads for your store. The software's analytics dashboard will help you track your best-performing products, generated revenue, traffic channels, top locations, and overall store performance.
To expand functionality and make your e-commerce store run more efficiently, Sellfy offers several integrations. Google Analytics and Webhooks, as well as integrations with Patreon and Facebook Live Chat, are just a few of the options available. Sellfy allows you to connect to Zapier, which gives you access to hundreds of third-party apps, including tools like Mailchimp, Trello, Salesforce, and more.
Pricing and Premium Plan Features
- Price: $0
The free plan comes with:
- Up to 10 products
- Print-on-demand products
- Physical products
- Price: $19/month
Starter plan comes with:
- Everything is Free, plus:
- Unlimited products
- Digital products
- Subscription products
- Connect your domain
- 2,000 email credits
- Price: $49/month
The business plan comes with:
- Everything in Starter, plus:
- Remove "Sellfy" branding
- Store design migration
- Cart abandonment
- Product upselling
- 10,000 email credits
- Price: $99/month
The premium plan comes with:
- Everything in Business, plus:
- Product migration
- Priority support
- 50,000 email credits
Sellfy Review: Pros and Cons
Sellfy has its benefits and downsides, but fortunately, the pros outweigh the cons.
- It takes only a few minutes to set up an online store and begin selling products.
- You can sell your products on a single storefront, even if you are selling multiple product types.
- Sellfy supports selling a variety of product types, including physical items, digital goods, subscriptions, and print-on-demand products.
- Sellfy offers a free plan for those who want to test out the features before committing to a paid plan.
- You get paid the same day you make a sale. Sellfy doesn't delay your funds as some other payment processors do.
- Print-on-demand services are available directly from your store, so you can sell merchandise to fans without setting up an integration.
- You can conduct all store-related activities via the mobile app and all online stores have mobile responsive designs.
- Everything you need to make your website is included, including a custom domain name hosting, security for your files, and the ability to customize your store
- The file security features can help you protect your digital property by allowing you to put PDF stamps, set download limits, and SSL encryption.
- Sellfy provides unlimited support.
- Sellfy provides simple and intuitive tax and VAT configuration settings.
- Marketing strategies include coupons, email marketing, upselling, tracking pixels, and cart abandonment.
- Although the free plan is helpful, but it limits you to only 10 products.
- Payment plans often require an upgrade if you exceed a certain sales amount per year.
- The storefront designs are clean, but they're not unique templates for creating a completely different brand image.
- Sellfy's branding is removed from your hosted product when you upgrade to the $49 per month Business plan.
- The free plan does not allow for selling digital or subscription products.
In this article, we have taken a look at some of the biggest benefits associated with using sellfy for eCommerce. Once you compare these benefits to what you get with other platforms such as Shopify, you should find that it is worth your time to consider sellfy for your business. After reading this article all of your questions will be solved but if you have still some questions let me know in the comment section below, I will be happy to answer your questions.
Note: This article contains affiliate links which means we make a small commission if you buy sellfy premium plan from our link.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:41 am
SEMrush and Ahrefs are among the most popular tools in the SEO industry. Both companies have been in business for years and have thousands of customers per month.
If you're a professional SEO or trying to do digital marketing on your own, at some point you'll likely consider using a tool to help with your efforts. Ahrefs and SEMrush are two names that will likely appear on your shortlist.
In this guide, I'm going to help you learn more about these SEO tools and how to choose the one that's best for your purposes.
What is SEMrush?
SEMrush is a popular SEO tool with a wide range of features—it's the leading competitor research service for online marketers. SEMrush's SEO Keyword Magic tool offers over 20 billion Google-approved keywords, which are constantly updated and it's the largest keyword database.
The program was developed in 2007 as SeoQuake is a small Firefox extension
- Most accurate keyword data: Accurate keyword search volume data is crucial for SEO and PPC campaigns by allowing you to identify what keywords are most likely to bring in big sales from ad clicks. SEMrush constantly updates its databases and provides the most accurate data.
- Largest Keyword database: SEMrush's Keyword Magic Tool now features 20-billion keywords, providing marketers and SEO professionals the largest database of keywords.
- All SEMrush users receive daily ranking data, mobile volume information, and the option to buy additional keywords by default with no additional payment or add-ons needed
- Most accurate position tracking tool: This tool provides all subscribers with basic tracking capabilities, making it suitable for SEO professionals. Plus, the Position Tracking tool provides local-level data to everyone who uses the tool.
- SEO Data Management: SEMrush makes managing your online data easy by allowing you to create visually appealing custom PDF reports, including Branded and White Label reports, report scheduling, and integration with GA, GMB, and GSC.
- Toxic link monitoring and penalty recovery: With SEMrush, you can make a detailed analysis of toxic backlinks, toxic scores, toxic markers, and outreach to those sites.
- Content Optimization and Creation Tools: SEMrush offers content optimization and creation tools that let you create SEO-friendly content. Some features include the SEO Writing Assistant, On-Page SEO Check, er/SEO Content Template, Content Audit, Post Tracking, Brand Monitoring.
Ahrefs is a leading SEO platform that offers a set of tools to grow your search traffic, research your competitors, and monitor your niche. The company was founded in 2010, and it has become a popular choice among SEO tools. Ahrefs has a keyword index of over 10.3 billion keywords and offers accurate and extensive backlink data updated every 15-30 minutes and it is the world's most extensive backlink index database.
- Backlink alerts data and new keywords: Get an alert when your site is linked to or discussed in blogs, forums, comments, or when new keywords are added to a blog posting about you.
- Intuitive interface: The intuitive design of the widget helps you see the overall health of your website and search engine ranking at a glance.
- Site Explorer: The Site Explorer will give you an in-depth look at your site's search traffic.
- Domain Comparison
- Reports with charts and graphs
- A question explorer that provides well-crafted topic suggestions
Direct Comparisons: Ahrefs vs SEMrush
Now that you know a little more about each tool, let's take a look at how they compare. I'll analyze each tool to see how they differ in interfaces, keyword research resources, rank tracking, and competitor analysis.
Ahrefs and SEMrush both offer comprehensive information and quick metrics regarding your website's SEO performance. However, Ahrefs takes a bit more of a hands-on approach to getting your account fully set up, whereas SEMrush's simpler dashboard can give you access to the data you need quickly.
In this section, we provide a brief overview of the elements found on each dashboard and highlight the ease with which you can complete tasks.
The Ahrefs dashboard is less cluttered than that of SEMrush, and its primary menu is at the very top of the page, with a search bar designed only for entering URLs.
Additional features of the Ahrefs platform include:
- You can see analytics from the dashboard, including search engine rankings to domain ratings, referring domains, and backlink
- Jumping from one tool to another is easy. You can use the Keyword Explorer to find a keyword to target and then directly track your ranking with one click.
- The website offers a tooltip helper tool that allows you to hover your mouse over something that isn't clear and get an in-depth explanation.
When you log into the SEMrush Tool, you will find four main modules. These include information about your domains, organic keyword analysis, ad keyword, and site traffic.
You'll also find some other options like
- A search bar allows you to enter a domain, keyword, or anything else you wish to explore.
- A menu on the left side of the page provides quick links to relevant information, including marketing insights, projects, keyword analytics, and more.
- The customer support resources located directly within the dashboard can be used to communicate with the support team or to learn about other resources such as webinars and blogs.
- Detailed descriptions of every resource offered. This detail is beneficial for new marketers, who are just starting.
Both Ahrefs and SEMrush have user-friendly dashboards, but Ahrefs is less cluttered and easier to navigate. On the other hand, SEMrush offers dozens of extra tools, including access to customer support resources.
When deciding on which dashboard to use, consider what you value in the user interface, and test out both.
If you're looking to track your website's search engine ranking, rank tracking features can help. You can also use them to monitor your competitors.
Let's take a look at Ahrefs vs. SEMrush to see which tool does a better job.
The Ahrefs Rank Tracker is simpler to use. Just type in the domain name and keywords you want to analyze, and it spits out a report showing you the search engine results page (SERP) ranking for each keyword you enter.
Rank Tracker looks at the ranking performance of keywords and compares them with the top rankings for those keywords. Ahrefs also offers:
You'll see metrics that help you understand your visibility, traffic, average position, and keyword difficulty.
It gives you an idea of whether a keyword would be profitable to target or not.
SEMRush offers a tool called Position Tracking. This tool is a project tool—you must set it up as a new project. Below are a few of the most popular features of the SEMrush Position Tracking tool:
All subscribers are given regular data updates and mobile search rankings upon subscribing
The platform provides opportunities to track several SERP features, including Local tracking.
Intuitive reports allow you to track statistics for the pages on your website, as well as the keywords used in those pages.
Identify pages that may be competing with each other using the Cannibalization report.
Ahrefs is a more user-friendly option. It takes seconds to enter a domain name and keywords. From there, you can quickly decide whether to proceed with that keyword or figure out how to rank better for other keywords.
SEMrush allows you to check your mobile rankings and ranking updates daily, which is something Ahrefs does not offer. SEMrush also offers social media rankings, a tool you won't find within the Ahrefs platform. Both are good which one do you like let me know in the comment.
Keyword research is closely related to rank tracking, but it's used for deciding which keywords you plan on using for future content rather than those you use now.
When it comes to SEO, keyword research is the most important thing to consider when comparing the two platforms.
The Ahrefs Keyword Explorer provides you with thousands of keyword ideas and filters search results based on the chosen search engine.
Ahrefs supports several features, including:
- It can search multiple keywords in a single search and analyze them together. At SEMrush, you also have this feature in Keyword Overview.
- Ahrefs has a variety of keywords for different search engines, including Google, YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, and other search engines.
- When you click on a keyword, you can see its search volume and keyword difficulty, but also other keywords related to it, which you didn't use.
SEMrush's Keyword Magic Tool has over 20 billion keywords for Google. You can type in any keyword you want, and a list of suggested keywords will appear.
The Keyword Magic Tool also lets you to:
- Show performance metrics by keyword
- Search results are based on both broad and exact keyword matches.
- Show data like search volume, trends, keyword difficulty, and CPC.
- Show the first 100 Google search results for any keyword.
- Identify SERP Features and Questions related to each keyword
- SEMrush has released a new Keyword Gap Tool that uncovers potentially useful keyword opportunities for you, including both paid and organic keywords.
Both of these tools offer keyword research features and allow users to break down complicated tasks into something that can be understood by beginners and advanced users alike.
If you're interested in keyword suggestions, SEMrush appears to have more keyword suggestions than Ahrefs does. It also continues to add new features, like the Keyword Gap tool and SERP Questions recommendations.
Both platforms offer competitor analysis tools, eliminating the need to come up with keywords off the top of your head. Each tool is useful for finding keywords that will be useful for your competition so you know they will be valuable to you.
Ahrefs' domain comparison tool lets you compare up to five websites (your website and four competitors) side-by-side.it also shows you how your site is ranked against others with metrics such as backlinks, domain ratings, and more.
Use the Competing Domains section to see a list of your most direct competitors, and explore how many keywords matches your competitors have.
To find more information about your competitor, you can look at the Site Explorer and Content Explorer tools and type in their URL instead of yours.
SEMrush provides a variety of insights into your competitors' marketing tactics. The platform enables you to research your competitors effectively. It also offers several resources for competitor analysis including:
Traffic Analytics helps you identify where your audience comes from, how they engage with your site, what devices visitors use to view your site, and how your audiences overlap with other websites.
SEMrush's Organic Research examines your website's major competitors and shows their organic search rankings, keywords they are ranking for, and even if they are ranking for any (SERP) features and more.
The Market Explorer search field allows you to type in a domain and lists websites or articles similar to what you entered. Market Explorer also allows users to perform in-depth data analytics on These companies and markets.
SEMrush wins here because it has more tools dedicated to competitor analysis than Ahrefs. However, Ahrefs offers a lot of functionality in this area, too. It takes a combination of both tools to gain an advantage over your competition.
- Lite Monthly: $99/month
- Standard Monthly: $179/month
- Annually Lite: $990/year
- Annually Standard: $1790/year
- Pro Plan: $119.95/month
- Guru Plan:$229.95/month
- Business Plan: $449.95/month
Which SEO tool should you choose for digital marketing?
When it comes to keyword data research, you will become confused about which one to choose.
Consider choosing Ahrefs if you
- Like friendly and clean interface
- Searching for simple keyword suggestions
- Want to get more keywords for different search engines like Amazon, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Baidu, and more
Consider SEMrush if you:
- Want more marketing and SEO features
- Need competitor analysis tool
- Need to keep your backlinks profile clean
- Looking for more keyword suggestions for Google
Both tools are great. Choose the one which meets your requirements and if you have any experience using either Ahrefs or SEMrush let me know in the comment section which works well for you.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:41 am
Today, we have a fantastic opportunity to use other people's products by purchasing Private Label Rights.
To find a good PLR website, first, determine the type of products you want to acquire. One way to do this is to choose among membership sites or PLR product stores. Following are 10 great sites that offer products in both categories.
What are PLR websites?Private Label Rights (PLR) products are digital products that can be in the form of an ebook, software, online course videos, value-packed articles, etc. You can use these products with some adjustments to sell as your own under your own brand and keep all the money and profit yourself without wasting your time on product creation.
The truth is that locating the best website for PLR materials can be a time-consuming and expensive exercise. That’s why we have researched, analyzed, and ranked the best 10 websites:
1. PLR.mePLR.me is of the best places to get PLR content in 2021-2022. It offers a content marketing system that comes with courses, brandable tools, and more. It is the most trusted PLR website, among other PLR sites. The PLR.me platform features smart digital caching PLR tools for health and wellness professionals. The PLR.me platform, which was built on advanced caching technology, has been well-received by big brands such as Toronto Sun and Entrepreneur. The best thing about this website is its content marketing automation tools.
- Pay-as-you-go Plan – $22
- 100 Monthly Plan – $99/month
- 400 Annual Plan – $379/year
- 800 Annual Plan – $579/year
- 2500 Annual Plan – $990/year
- Access over 15,940+ ready-to-use PLR coaching resources.
- Content marketing and sliding tools are provided by the site.
- You can create courses, products, webinars, emails, and nearly anything else you can dream of.
- You can cancel your subscription anytime.
- Compared to other top PLR sites, this one is a bit more expensive.
2. InDigitalWorksInDigitalWorks is a leading private label rights membership website established in 2008. As of now, it has more than 100,000 members from around the globe have joined the platform. The site offers thousands of ready-to-be-sold digital products for online businesses in every single niche possible. InDigitalWorks features hundreds of electronic books, software applications, templates, graphics, videos that you can sell right away.
- 3 Months Plan – $39
- 1 Year Plan – $69
- Lifetime Plan – $79
- IndigitalWorks promotes new authors by providing them with 200 free products for download.
- Largest and most reputable private label rights membership site.
- 20000+ digital products
- 137 training videos provided by experts to help beginners set up and grow their online presence for free.
- 10 GB of web hosting will be available on a reliable server.
- Fewer people are experiencing the frustration of not getting the help they need.
3. BuyQualityPLRBuyQualityPLR’s website is a Top PLR of 2021-2022! It's a source for major Internet Marketing Products and Resources. Whether you’re an Affiliate Marketer, Product Creator, Course Seller, BuyQualityPLR can assist you in the right direction. You will find several eBooks and digital products related to the Health and Fitness niche, along with a series of Security-based products. If you search for digital products, Resell Rights Products, Private Label Rights Products, or Internet Marketing Products, BuyQualityPLR is among the best websites for your needs.
- Free PLR articles packs, ebooks, and other digital products are available
- Price ranges from 3.99$ to 99.9$
- Everything on this site is written by professionals
- The quick download features available
- Doesn't provide membership.
- Offers thousand of PLR content in many niches
- Valuable courses available
- You can't buy all content because it doesn't provide membership
4. IDPLRThe IDPLR website has helped thousands of internet marketers since 2008. This website follows a membership approach and allows you to gain access to thousands of PLR products in different niches. The best thing about this site is the quality of the products, which is extremely impressive.
This is the best PLR website of 2021-2022, offering over 200k+ high-quality articles. It also gives you graphics, templates, ebooks, and audio.
- 3 Months ACCESS: $39
- 1 YEAR ACCESS: $69
- LIFETIME ACCESS: $79
- You will have access to over 12,590 PLR products.
- You will get access to training tutorials and Courses in a Gold membership.
- 10 GB of web hosting will be available on a reliable server.
- You will receive 3D eCover Software
- It offers an unlimited download limit
- Most important, you will get a 30 day money-back guarantee
- A few products are available for free membership.
5. PLRMinesPLRmines is a leading digital product library for private label rights products. The site provides useful information on products that you can use to grow your business, as well as licenses for reselling the content. You can either purchase a membership or get access through a free trial, and you can find unlimited high-quality resources via the site's paid or free membership. Overall, the site is an excellent resource for finding outstanding private label rights content.
- Lifetime membership: $97
- 4000+ ebooks from top categories
- Members have access to more than 660 instructional videos covering all kinds of topics in a membership area.
- You will receive outstanding graphics that are ready to use.
- They also offer a variety of helpful resources and tools, such as PLR blogs, WordPress themes, and plugins
- The free membership won't give you much value.
6. Super-ResellSuper-Resell is another remarkable provider of PLR material. The platform was established in 2009 and offers valuable PLR content to users. Currently, the platform offers standard lifetime memberships and monthly plans at an affordable price. Interested users can purchase up to 10,000 products with digital rights or rights of re-sale. Super-Resell offers a wide range of products such as readymade websites, article packs, videos, ebooks, software, templates, and graphics, etc.
- 6 Months Membership: $49.90
- Lifetime membership: $129
- It offers you products that come with sales pages and those without sales pages.
- You'll find thousands of digital products that will help your business grow.
- Daily News update
- The company has set up an automatic renewal system. This can result in costs for you even though you are not using the service.
7. Unstoppable PLRUnStoppablePLR was launched in 2006 by Aurelius Tjin, an internet marketer. Over the last 15 years, UnStoppablePLR has provided massive value to users by offering high-quality PLR content. The site is one of the best PLR sites because of its affordability and flexibility.
- Regular Price: $29/Month
- You’ll get 30 PLR articles in various niches for free.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Members get access to community
- It gives you access to professionally designed graphics and much more.
- People often complain that not enough PLR products are released each month.
8. Resell Rights WeeklyResell Rights Weekly, a private label rights (PLR) website, provides exceptional PLR content. It is among the top free PLR websites that provide free membership. You will get 728+ PLR products completely free and new products every single week. The Resell Rights Weekly gives you free instant access to all products and downloads the ones you require.
- Gold Membership: $19.95/Month
- Lots of products available free of cost
- Free access to the members forum
- The prices for the products at this PLR site are very low quality compared to other websites that sell the same items.
9. MasterResellRightsMasterResellRights was established in 2006, and it has helped many successful entrepreneurs. Once you join MasterResellRights, you will get access to more than 10,000 products and services from other members. It is one of the top PLR sites that provide high-quality PLR products to members across the globe. You will be able to access a lot of other membership privileges at no extra price. The website also provides PLR, MRR, and RR license products.
Pricing⦁ One Month Membership: $19.97
⦁ Three Month Membership: $47.00
Pros⦁ Access more than 10,000 high-quality, PLR articles in different niches.
⦁ Get daily fresh new updates
⦁ Users get 8 GB of hosting space
⦁ You can pay using PayPal
Cons⦁ Only members have access to the features of this site.
10. BigProductStoreBigProductStore is a popular private label rights website that offers tens of thousands of digital products. These include software, videos, video courses, eBooks, and many others that you can resell, use as you want, or sell and keep 100% of the profit.
The PLR website updates its product list daily. It currently offers over 10,000 products.
The site offers original content for almost every niche and when you register as a member, you can access the exclusive products section where you can download a variety of high-quality, unique, and exclusive products.
- Monthly Plan: $19.90/Month 27% off
- One-Time-Payment: $98.50 50% off
- Monthly Ultimate: $29.90/Month 36% off
- One-Time-Payment Ultimate: $198.50 50% off
- You can use PLR products to generate profits, give them as bonuses for your affiliate promotion campaign, or rebrand them and create new unique products.
- Lifetime memberships for PLR products can save you money if you’re looking for a long-term solution to bulk goods.
- The website is updated regularly with fresh, quality content.
- Product descriptions may not provide much detail, so it can be difficult to know just what you’re downloading.
- Some product categories such as WP Themes and articles are outdated.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:40 am
Are you looking for a new graphic design tool? Would you like to read a detailed review of Canva? As it's one of the tools I love using. I am also writing my first ebook using canva and publish it soon on my site you can download it is free. Let's start the review.
Canva has a web version and also a mobile app
What is Canva?
Canva is a free graphic design web application that allows you to create invitations, business cards, flyers, lesson plans, banners, and more using professionally designed templates. You can upload your own photos from your computer or from Google Drive, and add them to Canva's templates using a simple drag-and-drop interface. It's like having a basic version of Photoshop that doesn't require Graphic designing knowledge to use. It’s best for nongraphic designers.
Who is Canva best suited for?
Canva is a great tool for small business owners, online entrepreneurs, and marketers who don’t have the time and want to edit quickly.
To create sophisticated graphics, a tool such as Photoshop can is ideal. To use it, you’ll need to learn its hundreds of features, get familiar with the software, and it’s best to have a good background in design, too.
Also running the latest version of Photoshop you need a high-end computer.
So here Canva takes place, with Canva you can do all that with drag-and-drop feature. It’s also easier to use and free. Also an even-more-affordable paid version is available for $12.95 per month.
Free vs Pro vs Enterprise Pricing plan
The product is available in three plans: Free, Pro ($12.99/month per user or $119.99/year for up to 5 people), and Enterprise ($30 per user per month, minimum 25 people).
Free plan Features
- 250,000+ free templates
- 100+ design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, and more)
- Hundreds of thousands of free photos and graphics
- Invite members to your team
- Collaborate and comment in real-time
- 5GB of cloud storage
- Try Canva Pro for free for 30 days
Pro Plan Features
- Everything Free, has plus:
- 100+ million premium and stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics
- 610,000+ premium and free templates with new designs daily
- Access to Background Remover and Magic Resize
- Create a library of your brand or campaign's colors, logos, and fonts with up to 100 Brand Kits
- Remove image backgrounds instantly with background remover
- Resize designs infinitely with Magic Resize
- Save designs as templates for your team to use
- 100GB of cloud storage
- Schedule social media content to 8 platforms
Enterprise Plan Features
- Everything Pro has plus:
- Establish your brand's visual identity with logos, colors and fonts across multiple Brand Kits
- Control your team's access to apps, graphics, logos, colors and fonts with brand controls
- Built-in workflows to get approval on your designs
- Set which elements your team can edit and stay on brand with template locking
- Unlimited Storage
- Log in with single-sign on (SSO) and have access to 24/7 Enterprise-level support.
How to Use Canva?
To get started on Canva, you will need to create an account by providing your email address, Google, Facebook or Apple credentials. You will then choose your account type between student, teacher, small business, large company, non-profit, or personal. Based on your choice of account type, templates will be recommended to you.
You can sign up for a free trial of Canva Pro, or you can start with the free version to get a sense of whether it’s the right graphic design tool for your needs.
Designing with Canva
When you sign up for an account, Canva will suggest different post types to choose from. Based on the type of account you set up you'll be able to see templates categorized by the following categories: social media posts, documents, presentations, marketing, events, ads, launch your business, build your online brand, etc.
Start by choosing a template for your post or searching for something more specific. Search by social network name to see a list of post types on each network.
Next, you can choose a template. Choose from hundreds of templates that are ready to go, with customizable photos, text, and other elements.
You can start your design by choosing from a variety of ready-made templates, searching for a template matching your needs, or working with a blank template.
Canva has a lot to choose from, so start with a specific search.if you want to create business card just search for it and you will see alot of templates to choose from
Inside the Canva designer, the Elements tab gives you access to lines and shapes, graphics, photos, videos, audio, charts, photo frames, and photo grids.The search box on the Elements tab lets you search everything on Canva.
To begin with, Canva has a large library of elements to choose from. To find them, be specific in your search query. You may also want to search in the following tabs to see various elements separately:
The Photos tab lets you search for and choose from millions of professional stock photos for your templates.
You can replace the photos in our templates to create a new look. This can also make the template more suited to your industry.
You can find photos on other stock photography sites like pexel, pixabay and many more or simply upload your own photos.
When you choose an image, Canva’s photo editing features let you adjust the photo’s settings (brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.), crop, or animate it.
When you subscribe to Canva Pro, you get access to a number of premium features, including the Background Remover. This feature allows you to remove the background from any stock photo in library or any image you upload.
The Text tab lets you add headings, normal text, and graphical text to your design.
When you click on text, you'll see options to adjust the font, font size, color, format, spacing, and text effects (like shadows).
Canva Pro subscribers can choose from a large library of fonts on the Brand Kit or the Styles tab. Enterprise-level controls ensure that visual content remains on-brand, no matter how many people are working on it.
Create an animated image or video by adding audio to capture user’s attention in social news feeds.
If you want to use audio from another stock site or your own audio tracks, you can upload them in the Uploads tab or from the more option.
Want to create your own videos? Choose from thousands of stock video clips. You’ll find videos that range upto 2 minutes
You can upload your own videos as well as videos from other stock sites in the Uploads tab.
Once you have chosen a video, you can use the editing features in Canva to trim the video, flip it, and adjust its transparency.
On the Background tab, you’ll find free stock photos to serve as backgrounds on your designs. Change out the background on a template to give it a more personal touch.
The Styles tab lets you quickly change the look and feel of your template with just a click. And if you have a Canva Pro subscription, you can upload your brand’s custom colors and fonts to ensure designs stay on brand.
If you have a Canva Pro subscription, you’ll have a Logos tab. Here, you can upload variations of your brand logo to use throughout your designs.
With Canva, you can also create your own logos. Note that you cannot trademark a logo with stock content in it.
Publishing with Canva
With Canva, free users can download and share designs to multiple platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Slack and Tumblr.
Canva Pro subscribers can create multiple post formats from one design. For example, you can start by designing an Instagram post, and Canva's Magic Resizer can resize it for other networks, Stories, Reels, and other formats.
Canva Pro subscribers can also use Canva’s Content Planner to post content on eight different accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Slack, and Tumblr.
Canva Pro allows you to work with your team on visual content. Designs can be created inside Canva, and then sent to your team members for approval. Everyone can make comments, edits, revisions, and keep track via the version history.
When it comes to printing your designs, Canva has you covered. With an extensive selection of printing options, they can turn your designs into anything from banners and wall art to mugs and t-shirts.
Canva Print is perfect for any business seeking to make a lasting impression. Create inspiring designs people will want to wear, keep, and share. Hand out custom business cards that leave a lasting impression on customers' minds.
The Canva app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. The Canva app has earned a 4.9 out of five star rating from over 946.3K Apple users and a 4.5 out of five star rating from over 6,996,708 Google users.
In addition to mobile apps, you can use Canva’s integration with other Internet services to add images and text from sources like Google Maps, Emojis, photos from Google Drive and Dropbox, YouTube videos, Flickr photos, Bitmojis, and other popular visual content elements.
Canva Pros and Cons
- A user-friendly interface
- Canva is a great tool for people who want to create professional graphics but don’t have graphic design skills.
- Hundreds of templates, so you'll never have to start from scratch.
- Wide variety of templates to fit multiple uses
- Branding kits to keep your team consistent with the brand colors and fonts
- Creating visual content on the go
- You can find royalty free images, audio, and video without having to subscribe to another service.
- Some professional templates are available for Pro user only
- Advanced photo editing features like blurring or erasing a specific area are missing.
- Some elements that fall outside of a design are tricky to retrieve.
- Features (like Canva presentations) could use some improvement.
- If you are a regular user of Adobe products, you might find Canva's features limited.
- Prefers to work with vectors. Especially logos.
- Expensive enterprise pricing
In general, Canva is an excellent tool for those who need simple images for projects. If you are a graphic designer with experience, you will find Canva’s platform lacking in customization and advanced features – particularly vectors. But if you have little design experience, you will find Canva easier to use than advanced graphic design tools like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator for most projects. If you have any queries let me know in the comments section.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:40 am
If you are looking for the best wordpress plugins, then you are at the right place. Here is the list of best wordpress plugins that you should use in your blog to boost SEO, strong your security and know every aspects of your blog . Although creating a good content is one factor but there are many wordpress plugins that perform different actions and add on to your success. So let's start
Those users who are serious about SEO, Yoast SEO will do the work for them to reach their goals. All they need to do is select a keyword, and the plugin will then optimize your page according to the specified keyword
Yoast offers many popular SEO WordPress plugin functions. It gives you real-time page analysis to optimize your content, images, meta descriptions, titles, and kewords. Yoast also checks the length of your sentences and paragraphs, whether you’re using enough transition words or subheadings, how often you use passive voice, and so on. Yoast tells Google whether or not to index a page or a set of pages too.
Let me summarize these points in bullets:
- Enhance the readability of your article to reduce bounce rate
- Optimize your articles with targetted keywords
- Let Google know who you are and what your site is about
- Improve your on-page SEO with advanced, real-time guidance and advice on keyword usage, linking, and external linking.
- Keep your focus keywords consistent to help rank better on Google.
- Preview how your page would appear in the search engine results page (SERP)
- Crawl your site daily to ensure Google indexes it as quickly as possible.
- Rate your article informing you of any mistakes you might have made so that you can fix them before publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with Google’s latest algorithm changes and adapt your on-page SEO as needed with smartsuggestionss from the Yoast SEO plugin. This plugin is always up-to-date.
- Free Version is available
- Premium version=$89/year that comes with extra functions, allowing you to optimize your content up to five keywords, among other benefits.
2. WP Rocket
A website running WordPress can put a lot of strain on a server, which increases the chances that the website will crash and harm your business. To avoid such an unfortunate situation and ensure that all your pages load quickly, you need a caching plugin like WP Rocket.
WP Rocket plugin designed to increases your website speed. Instead of waiting for pages to be saved to cache, WP Rocket turns on desired caching settings, like page cache and gzip compression. The plugin also activates other features, such as CDN support and llazy image loadding, to enhance your site speed.
Features in bullets:
- Browser Catching
- Preloading the cache of pages
- Reducing the number of HTTP requests allows websites to load more quickly.
- Decreasing bandwidth usage with GZIP compression
- Apply optimal browser caching headers (expires)
- Remove Unused CSS
- Deferred loading of images (LazyLoad)
- WebP compatibility
- Critical Path CSS generation and deferred loading of CSS files
- Database optimization
- WordPress Heartbeat API control
- DNS prefetch
- CDN integration
- Cloudflare integration
- Sucuri integration
- Easy import/export of settings
- Easy roll back to a previous version
- Single License =$49/year for one website
- Plus License =$99/year for 3 websites
- Infinite License =$249/year for unlimited websites
Wordfence Security is a WordPress firewall and security scanner that keeps your site safe from malicious hackers, spam, and other online threats. This Plugin comes with a web application firewall (WAF) called tthread Defence Feed that helps to prevents brute force attacks by ensuring you set stronger passwords and limiting login attempts. It searches for malware and compares code, theme, and plugin files with the records in the WordPress.org repository to verify their integrity and reports changes to you.
Wordfence security scanner provides you with actionable insights into your website's security status and will alert you to any potential threats, keeping it safe and secure. It also includes login security features that let you activate reCAPTCHA and two-factor authentication for your website.
Features in Bullets.
- Scans your site for vulnerabilities.
- Alerts you by email when new threats are detected.
- Supports advanced login security measures.
- IP addresses may be blocked automatically if suspicious activity is detected.
- Premium Plan= $99/Year that comes with extra security features like the real time IP backlist and country blocking option and also support from highly qualified experts.
Akismet can help prevent spam from appearing on your site. Every day, it automatically checks every comment against a global database of spam to block malicious content. With Akismet, you also won’t have to worry about innocent comments being caught by the filter or false positives. You can simply tell Akismet about those and it will get better over time. It also checks your contact form submissions against its global spam database and weed out unnecessary fake information.
Features in Bullets:
- The program automatically checks comments and filters out spam.
- Hidden or misleading links are often revealed in the comment body.
- Akismet tracks the status of each comment, allowing you to see which ones were caught by Akismet and which ones were cleared by a moderator.
- A spam-blocking feature that saves disk space and makes your site run faster.
- Moderators can view a list of comments approved by each user.
- Free to use for personal blog
5. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is a plug-in that allows you to create contact forms that make it easy for your users to send messages to your site. The plug-in was developed by Takayuki Miyoshi and lets you create multiple contact forms on the same site; it also integrates Akismet spam filtering and lets you customize the styling and fields that you want to use in the form. The plug-in provides CAPTCHA and Ajax submitting.
Features in bullets:
- Create and manage multiple contact forms
- Easily customize form fields
- Use simple markup to alter mail content
- Add Lots of third-party extensions for additional functionality
- Shortcode offers a way to insert content into pages or posts.
- Akismet spam filtering, Ajax-powered submitting, and CAPTCHA are all features of this plugin.
- Free to use
6. Monster Insights
When you’re looking for an easy way to manage your Google Analytics-related web tracking services, Monster Insights can help. You can add, customize, and integrate Google Analytics data with ease so you’ll be able to see how every webpage performs, which online campaigns bring in the most traffic, and which content readers engage with the most. It’s same as Google Analytics
It is a powerful tool to keep track of your traffic stats. With it, you can view stats for your active sessions, conversions, and bounce rates. You’ll also be able to see your total revenue, the products you sell, and how your site is performing when it comes to referrals.
MonsterInsights offers a free plan that includes basic Google Analytics integration, data insights, and user activity metrics.
Features in bullets:
- Demographics and interest reports:
- Anonymize the IPs of visitor
- See the results of how far visitors Scroll down
- Show the insights of multiple links to the same page and show you which links get more clicks
- See sessions of two related sites as a single session
- Google AdSense tracking
- Send you weekly analytics report of your blog you can download it as pdf
- Premium plan= $99.50/year that comes with extra features like page and post tracking, Adsense tracking, custom tracking and reports.
7. Pretty Links
Pretty Links is a powerful WordPress plugin that enables you to easily cloak affiliate links on your websiteIt even allows you to easily redirect visitors based on a specific request, including permanent 301 and temporary 302/307 redirects.
Pretty links also helps you to automatically shorten your url for your post and pages.
You can also enable auto-linking feature to automatically add affiliate links for certain keywords
- Create clean, easy-to-remember URLs on your website (301, 302, and 307 redirects only)
- Random-generator or custom URL slugs
- Track the number of clicks
- Easy to understand reports
- View click details including ip address, remote host, browser, operating system, and referring site
- You can pass custom parameters to your scripts when using pretty permalinks, and still have full tracking capability.
- Exclude IP Addresses from Stats
- Cookie-based system to track your activity across clicks
- Create nofollow/noindex links
- Toggle tracking on / off on each link.
- Pretty Link Bookmarklet
- Update redirected links easily to new URLs!
- Beginner Plan=$79/year that can be used on 1 site
- Marketer Plan: $99/year – that can be used on upto 2 sites
- Super Affiliate Plan: $149/year – that can be use on upto 5 sites
We hope you’ve found this article useful. We appreciate you reading and welcome your feedback if you have it.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:40 am
Ginger VS Grammarly: When it comes to grammar checkers, Ginger and Grammarly are two of the most popular choices on the market. This article aims to highlight the specifics of each one so that you can make a more informed decision about the one you'll use.
What is Grammarly?
If you are a writer, you must have heard of Grammarly before. Grammarly has over 10M users across the globe, it's probably the most popular AI writing enhancement tool, without a doubt. That's why there's a high chance that you already know about Grammarly.
But today we are going to do a comparison between Ginger and Grammarly, So let's define Grammarly here. Like Ginger, Grammarly is an AI writing assistant that checks for grammatical errors, spellings, and punctuation. The free version covers the basics like identifying grammar and spelling mistakes
While the Premium version offers a lot more functionality, it detects plagiarism in your content, suggests word choice, or adds fluency to it.
Features of Grammarly
- Grammarly detects basic to advance grammatical errors and also help you why this is an error and suggest to you how you can improve it
- Create a personal dictionary
- Check to spell for American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
- Understand inconsistencies.
- Detect unclear structure.
- Detect Plagiarism.
- Explore overuse of words and wordiness.
- Get to know about the improper tones.
- Discover the insensitive language aligns with your intent, audience, style, emotion, and more.
What is Ginger
Ginger is a writing enhancement tool that not only catches typos and grammatical mistakes but also suggests content improvements. As you type, it picks up on errors then shows you what’s wrong, and suggests a fix. It also provides you with synonyms and definitions of words and allows you to translate your text into dozens of languages.
Ginger Software: Features & Benefits
- Ginger's software helps you identify and correct common grammatical mistakes, such as consecutive nouns, or contextual spelling correction.
- The sentence rephrasing feature can help you convey your meaning perfectly.
- Ginger acts like a personal coach that helps you practice certain exercises based on your mistakes.
- The dictionary feature helps users understand the meanings of words.
In addition, the program provides a text reader, so you can gauge your writing’s conversational tone.
Ginger vs Grammarly
Grammarly and Ginger are two popular grammar checker software brands that help you to become a better writer. But if you’re undecided about which software to use, consider these differences:
- Grammarly only supports the English language while Ginger supports 40+ languages.
- Grammarly offers a wordiness feature while Ginger lacks a Wordiness feature.
- Grammarly shows an accuracy score while Ginger lacks an accuracy score feature.
- Grammarly has a plagiarism checker while ginger doesn't have such a feature.
- Grammarly can recognize an incorrect use of numbers while Ginger can’t recognize an incorrect use of numbers.
- Grammarly and Ginger both have mobile apps.
- Ginger and Grammarly offer monthly, quarterly, and annual plans.
- Grammarly allows you to check uploaded documents. while Ginger doesn't check uploaded documents.
- Grammarly Offers a tone suggestion feature while Ginger doesn't offer a tone suggestion feature.
- Ginger helps to translate documents into 40+ languages while Grammarly doesn't have a translation feature.
- Ginger Offers text to speech features while Grammarly doesn't have such features.
Grammarly Score: 7/10
So Grammarly wins here.
Ginger VS Grammarly: Pricing Difference
- Ginger offers a Premium subscription for 13.99$/month. it comes at $11.19/month for quarterly and $7.49/month for an annual subscription with 40$ off.
- On the other hand, Grammarly offers a Premium subscription for $30/month for a monthly plan $20/month for quarterly, and $12/month for an annual subscription.
For companies with three or more employees, the Business plan costs $12.50/month for each member of your team.
Ginger Wins Here
Ginger vs Grammarly – Pros and Cons
- Offers free version
- All-in-one tool (grammar checker + spell checker + punctuation checker)
- Allows you to edit a document without affecting the formatting.
- Style checker (paid version)
- Active and passive voice checker
- Personal dictionary
- Plagiarism checker (paid version)
- Available on all major devices and platforms
- Free mobile apps
- User-friendly interface
- Browser extensions and MS word add-ons
- Can upload and download documents
- Supports only English
- Customer support only via email
- Limits to 150,000 words
- Subscription plans can be a bit pricey
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- No refund policy
- Offers free version
- All-in-one tool (grammar checker + spell checker + punctuation checker)
- Affordable Subscription plans (Additionals discounts are available)
- Active and passive voice changer
- Translates documents in 40+ languages
- Personal dictionary
- Browser extension available
- Personal trainers help clients develop their knowledge of grammar.
- Text-to-speech feature reads work out loud
- Get a full refund within 7 days
- Mobile apps aren't free
- Limited monthly corrections for free users
- No style checker
- No plagiarism checker
- Not as user-friendly as Grammarly
- You are unable to upload or download documents; however, you may copy and paste files as needed.
- Doesn't offer a free trial
Summarizing the Ginger VS Grammarly: My Recommendation
While both writing assistants are fantastic in their ways, you need to choose the one you want.
For example, go for Grammarly if you want a plagiarism tool included.
Choose Ginger if you want to write in languages other than English. I will to the differences for you in order to make the distinctions clearer.
- Grammarly offers a plagiarism checking tool
- Ginger provides text to speech tool
- Grammarly helps you check uploaded documents
- Ginger supports over 40 languages
- Grammarly has a more friendly UI/UX
Which one you like let me know in the comments section also give your opinions in the comments section below.
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:39 am
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are the most popular digital assets today, capturing the attention of cryptocurrency investors, whales and people from around the world. People find it amazing that some users spend thousands or millions of dollars on a single NFT-based image of a monkey or other token, but you can simply take a screenshot for free. So here we share some freuently asked question about NFTs.
1) What is an NFT?
NFT stands for non-fungible token, which is a cryptographic token on a blockchain with unique identification codes that distinguish it from other tokens. NFTs are unique and not interchangeable, which means no two NFTs are the same. NFTs can be a unique artwork, GIF, Images, videos, Audio album. in-game items, collectibles etc.
2) What is Blockchain?
A blockchain is a distributed digital ledger that allows for the secure storage of data. By recording any kind of information—such as bank account transactions, the ownership of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), or Decentralized Finance (DeFi) smart contracts—in one place, and distributing it to many different computers, blockchains ensure that data can’t be manipulated without everyone in the system being aware.
3) What makes an NFT valuable?
The value of an NFT comes from its ability to be traded freely and securely on the blockchain, which is not possible with other current digital ownership solutionsThe NFT points to its location on the blockchain, but doesn’t necessarily contain the digital property. For example, if you replace one bitcoin with another, you will still have the same thing. If you buy a non-fungible item, such as a movie ticket, it is impossible to replace it with any other movie ticket because each ticket is unique to a specific time and place.
4) How do NFTs work?
One of the unique characteristics of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) is that they can be tokenised to create a digital certificate of ownership that can be bought, sold and traded on the blockchain.
As with crypto-currency, records of who owns what are stored on a ledger that is maintained by thousands of computers around the world. These records can’t be forged because the whole system operates on an open-source network.
NFTs also contain smart contracts—small computer programs that run on the blockchain—that give the artist, for example, a cut of any future sale of the token.
5) What’s the connection between NFTs and cryptocurrency?
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) aren't cryptocurrencies, but they do use blockchain technology. Many NFTs are based on Ethereum, where the blockchain serves as a ledger for all the transactions related to said NFT and the properties it represents.5) How to make an NFT?
Anyone can create an NFT. All you need is a digital wallet, some ethereum tokens and a connection to an NFT marketplace where you’ll be able to upload and sell your creations
6) How to validate the authencity of an NFT?
When you purchase a stock in NFT, that purchase is recorded on the blockchain—the bitcoin ledger of transactions—and that entry acts as your proof of ownership.
7) How is an NFT valued? What are the most expensive NFTs?
The value of an NFT varies a lot based on the digital asset up for grabs. People use NFTs to trade and sell digital art, so when creating an NFT, you should consider the popularity of your digital artwork along with historical statistics.
In the year 2021, a digital artist called Pak created an artwork called The Merge. It was sold on the Nifty Gateway NFT market for $91.8 million.
8) Can NFTs be used as an investment?
Non-fungible tokens can be used in investment opportunities. One can purchase an NFT and resell it at a profit. Certain NFT marketplaces let sellers of NFTs keep a percentage of the profits from sales of the assets they create.
9) Will NFTs be the future of art and collectibles?
Many people want to buy NFTs because it lets them support the arts and own something cool from their favorite musicians, brands, and celebrities. NFTs also give artists an opportunity to program in continual royalties if someone buys their work. Galleries see this as a way to reach new buyers interested in art.
10) How do we buy an NFTs?
There are many places to buy digital assets, like opensea and their policies vary. On top shot, for instance, you sign up for a waitlist that can be thousands of people long. When a digital asset goes on sale, you are occasionally chosen to purchase it.
11) Can i mint NFT for free?
To mint an NFT token, you must pay some amount of gas fee to process the transaction on the Etherum blockchain, but you can mint your NFT on a different blockchain called Polygon to avoid paying gas fees. This option is available on OpenSea and this simply denotes that your NFT will only be able to trade using Polygon's blockchain and not Etherum's blockchain. Mintable allows you to mint NFTs for free without paying any gas fees.
12) Do i own an NFT if i screenshot it?
The answer is no. Non-Fungible Tokens are minted on the blockchain using cryptocurrencies such as Etherum, Solana, Polygon, and so on. Once a Non-Fungible Token is minted, the transaction is recorded on the blockchain and the contract or license is awarded to whoever has that Non-Fungible Token in their wallet.
12) Why are people investing so much in NFT?
Non-fungible tokens have gained the hearts of people around the world, and they have given digital creators the recognition they deserve. One of the remarkable things about non-fungible tokens is that you can take a screenshot of one, but you don’t own it. This is because when a non-fungible token is created, then the transaction is stored on the blockchain, and the license or contract to hold such a token is awarded to the person owning the token in their digital wallet.
You can sell your work and creations by attaching a license to it on the blockchain, where its ownership can be transferred. This lets you get exposure without losing full ownership of your work. Some of the most successful projects include Cryptopunks, Bored Ape Yatch Club NFTs, SandBox, World of Women and so on. These NFT projects have gained popularity globally and are owned by celebrities and other successful entrepreneurs. Owning one of these NFTs gives you an automatic ticket to exclusive business meetings and life-changing connections.
That’s a wrap. Hope you guys found this article enlightening. I just answer some question with my limited knowledge about NFTs. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below. Also I have a question for you, Is bitcoin an NFTs? let me know in The comment section below
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:39 am
Are you a great Chrome user? That’s nice to hear. But first, consider whether or not there are any essential Chrome extensions you are currently missing from your browsing life, so here we're going to share with you 10 Best Chrome Extensions That Are Perfect for Everyone. So Let's Start.
When you have too several passwords to remember, LastPass remembers them for you.
This chrome extension is an easy way to save you time and increase security. It’s a single password manager that will log you into all of your accounts. you simply ought to bear in mind one word: your LastPass password to log in to all or any your accounts.
- Save usernames and passwords and LastPasswill log you in automatically.
- Fill the forms quickly to save your addresses, credit card numbers and more.
MozBar is an SEO toolbar extension that makes it easy for you to analyze your web pages' SEO while you surf. You can customize your search so that you see data for a particular region or for all regions. You get data such as website and domain authority and link profile. The status column tells you whether there are any no-followed links to the page.You can also compare link metrics. There is a pro version of MozBar, too.
Grammarly is a real-time grammar checking and spelling tool for online writing. It checks spelling, grammar, and punctuation as you type, and has a dictionary feature that suggests related words. if you use mobile phones for writing than Grammerly also have a mobile keyboard app.
VidIQ is a SaaS product and Chrome Extension that makes it easier to manage and optimize your YouTube channels. It keeps you informed about your channel's performance with real-time analytics and powerful insights.
- Learn more about insights and statistics beyond YouTube Analytics
- Find great videos with the Trending tab.
- You can check out any video’s YouTube rankings and see how your own video is doing on the charts.
- Keep track the history of the keyword to determine when a keyword is rising or down in popularity over time.
- Quickly find out which videos are performing the best on YouTube right now.
- Let this tool suggest keywords for you to use in your title, description and tags.
ColorZilla is a browser extension that allows you to find out the exact color of any object in your web browser. This is especially useful when you want to match elements on your page to the color of an image.
- Advanced Color Picker (similar to Photoshop's)
- Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
- The "Webpage Color Analyzer" site helps you determine the palette of colors used in a particular website.
- Palette Viewer with 7 pre-installed palettes
- Eyedropper - sample the color of any pixel on the page
- Color History of recently picked colors
- Displays some info about the element, including the tag name, class, id and size.
- Auto copy picked colors to clipboard
- Get colors of dynamic hover elements
- Pick colors from Flash objects
- Pick colors at any zoom level
Honey is a chrome extension with which you save each product from the website and notify it when it is available at low price it's one among the highest extensions for Chrome that finds coupon codes whenever you look online.
- Best for finding exclusive prices on Amazon.
- A free reward program called Honey Gold.
- Searches and filters the simplest value fitting your demand.
- Instant notifications.
7. GMass: Powerful Chrome Extension for Gmail Marketers
GMass (or Gmail Mass) permits users to compose and send mass emails using Gmail. it is a great tool as a result of you'll use it as a replacement for a third-party email sending platform. you will love GMass to spice up your emailing functionality on the platform.
8. Notion Web Clipper: Chrome Extension for Geeks
It's a Chrome extension for geeks that enables you to highlight and save what you see on the web.
It's been designed by Notion, that could be a Google space different that helps groups craft higher ideas and collaborate effectively.
- Save anything online with just one click
- Use it on any device
- Organize your saved clips quickly
- Tag, share and comment on the clips
If you are someone who works online, you need to surf the internet to get your business done. And often there is no time to read or analyze something. But it's important that you do it. Notion Web Clipper will help you with that.
9. WhatFont: Chrome Extension for identifying Any Site Fonts
WhatFont is a Chrome extension that allows web designers to easily identify and compare different fonts on a page. The first time you use it on any page, WhatFont will copy the selected page.It Uses this page to find out what fonts are present and generate an image that shows all those fonts in different sizes. Besides the apparent websites like Google or Amazon, you'll conjointly use it on sites wherever embedded fonts ar used.
10. SimilarWeb: Traffic Rank & Website Analysis Extension
Similar Web is an SEO add on for both Chrome and Firefox.It allows you to check web site traffic and key metrics for any web site, as well as engagement rate, traffic ranking, keyword ranking, and traffic source. this is often a good tool if you are looking to seek out new and effective SEO ways similarly as analyze trends across the web.
- Discover keyword trends
- Know fresh keywords
- Get benefit from the real traffic insights
- Analyze engagement metrics
- Explore unique visitors data
- Analyze your industry's category
- Use month to date data
How to Install chrome Extension in Android
I know everyone knows how to install extension in pc but most of people don't know how to install it in android phone so i will show you how to install it in android
1. Download Kiwi browser from Play Store and then Open it.
2. Tap the three dots at the top right corner and select Extension.
3. Click on (+From Store) to access chrome web store or simple search chrome web store and access it.
4. Once you found an extension click on add to chrome a message will pop-up asking if you wish to confirm your choice. Hit OK to install the extension in the Kiwi browser.
5. To manage extensions on the browser, tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select Extensions to access a catalog of installed extensions that you can disable, update or remove with just a few clicks.
Your Chrome extensions should install on Android, but there’s no guarantee all of them will work. Because Google Chrome Extensions are not optimized for Android devices.
We hope this list of 10 best chrome extensions that is perfect for everyone will help you in picking the right Chrome Extensions. We have selected the extensions after matching their features to the needs of different categories of people. Also which extension you like the most let me know in the comment section
Source: Crunch Hype | 28 Nov 2023 | 5:38 am
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 8:46 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 7:42 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 6:45 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 6:30 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 6:25 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 6:03 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 5:42 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 5:30 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 5:25 pm
Source: Engadget RSS Feed | 7 Aug 2019 | 5:16 pm